What's new

Best find of the day.

JPrice

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2015
Messages
25
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
11094292_10206782135819025_3824131740947682789_n.webp

Here's my best find today. Rural town in Utah, 1890's house. I took a wrong turn and went on the right side of a tree while a friend of mine went to the left and he found an 1897 Barber Dime. Sigh... oh well. Anyway, anyone know a date for this kind of lock?

HH

Jon
 
Upvote 22
metal_detector.gif
Neat! Any marks on it? Is the backside the same?
 
Not that I can see. I'm still in the process of cleaning it. The back is the same as the front. It's made of brass I think.
 
love them old locks
very cool!
 
I have found many of those types of locks at 1880's-1920' era house sites. Cool! Sub 8-)
 
Hello JPrice Great lock. I agree with Sub, I have a similar one from an 1880's house. Good luck. C9
 
Nice digs. I also like locks, I have found a lot locks in the 40 + years of MD and I hope to find a lot more. That's up there in the top ten favorite things I like to find. And yours is a beaut.
 
Thanks guys! It rang up on my Etrac as a silver dime. Sounded spot on too. Love it though.

HH guys
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom