What's new

Best finds in the rain

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2012
Messages
4,253
Reaction score
1,627
Golden Thread
0
I went out for about 30 min. today, and the bottom dropped out on me. Got these before my shower.

image-696224663.webp



image-3700564985.webp



image-729093487.webp



image-4151609423.webp



image-3045049646.webp



image-1243674210.webp



image-165247673.webp



image-3922850467.webp



image-2162344916.webp



image-1587903339.webp



image-1355409411.webp



image-517746365.webp



image-1043557127.webp

Not too bad for finds and I'm clean!!
 
Upvote 0
I cheated a tad. I wet the stone for the pic. Just a touch of water makes it look a lot better.

i like the idea of a little water Rusty
any way you look at it, it makes a beautiful picture
i never see any thing that resembles that type of material
it looks like nice material that wouldv'e lent itself to flaking fairly easy
 
larson1951 said:
i like the idea of a little water Rusty
any way you look at it, it makes a beautiful picture
i never see any thing that resembles that type of material
it looks like nice material that wouldv'e lent itself to flaking fairly easy

I find flakes of this lithic (banded rhyolite) all the time in this one field. It is a rather frail lithic and tractors pulverize it. Glad I was able to save one from the ol john Deere !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom