hedshot56
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Mar 24, 2014
- Messages
- 20
- Reaction score
- 20
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- North Carolina
- Detector(s) used
- 1 White's Coinmaster
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
So, after a week of detecting and digging in my abandoned house/ molasses mill/ mobile home site, I have found little more than junk. Lids, the metal off a mousetrap, a button, a buckle from a ladies shoe, and the head off a shovel, and some tin foil. So, I come to you guys asking where would be a place to find actual stuff that is historical, coins, bullets, that Kinda thing. So, any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I'm getting rather frustrated at digging up 3 jar lids every day.

) are good places in NC because most would not think of snow in NC! It doesn't have to be a steep hill, just enough incline to get the toboggan moving. Let the rowdy nature of guys put the coins on the ground. The city of Roanoke Rapids, NC has a "lock" that goes around the rapids in town. I have hunted that area and the berms going to and from with good results. That was back in the '90s. I found a man's wedding band at the base of a large oak tree in Gaston, NC. I am told it was probably made during the Civil War as it was gold plated silver (see archives post). Down at Halifax, NC is the old road (Revolutionary War era) that now runs through farm fields... nest to hwy 125. Look there for relics. South East of Weldon, NC is a field where "iron clads" were built. Should be some relics there (private property rules apply). ALL of these kind of places are LEARNED through talking with the locals.... especially older folks. Now, go out and get some! TTC






