Best Siiilver Day Evar!

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II
Got out with L4S, and Treasurefiend today for a seriously long hunt. Just under 12 hours. It would have been slightly shorter, but after dropping off L4S so he could go to work, Treasurefiend and I made our way back for another 3 hours. We just didn't want to leave. I've got video of some amazing digs today, but have to wait for L4S to get me a few clips from his camera to finish it up. I will leave you with a picture of my take and upload the video once it's ready. TF and I are going back tomorrow for a couple of hours and see if we can't pop out a few more. :thumbsup:

HH

03242011.jpg

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there not much to say but WOW! Research really payed off this time.Looks like you'll be camping out at that spot. :notworthy: :notworthy:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
holy cow!! i"ve never seen so many barbers in one hunt!! a big congrats and go hit it hard again!!! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Alrighty then!
Awesome really understates it!

Great hunting and I'm sure that goes for TF and Jon too! Can't wait to see their digs!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys absolutely KILLED it yesterday, today's my turn!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
WOW Dan, can you say BANNER! I'm voting on this one.

I would have made LFS walk to work, ;D (sorry Jon) :icon_pirat:

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
holy cow! you guys are killing me, amazing, fantastic, supercalifragilisticexpealidotious :laughing9:.

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
Good gawd!!! thats banner finds,,I think you guys should start your own banner for il.!!!!!! :laughing9:,,,,,,,,(for real)

Thats a barbershop convention there all lined up,,,,,nice photo shoot also,,,.

One of the best teams on T-NET for sure,,,, keep bringing em on!!!!,, you guys are going to swing on something ,

outstanding soon,, (like you guys haven't already), I am sure we will see soon enough!!!! :headbang:

Art
Wayne County
il.

Attachments

• mike the cat.jpg
    mike the cat.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 193
  • mike the cat.jpg
    mike the cat.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 199

Reverend B*IKE*

Jan 11, 2009
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great dig!! Awesome find on hot location!! Could you elaborate on what kind of place it is? Generalization. Did you have any information before hand a tip or map study? Old school, wooded area,vs Field? Was it a park? Is it a old farm house? Are near a town or very rural! I fully understand if you don't want to! I am just trying to learn on looking for signs!
thanks for sharing!
And go back and pound it!!

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Kimsdad ''Where's MY seated?'' said:
OMG!!!

WTG!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_king:

Congrats!
Yeah! What he said.

Those Barber's are in GREAT shape. Any chance of getting close-ups of some of them? PUH-LEASE!

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
BARBERIFIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY SHNIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS ON A STELLAR DAY DAN!!!!!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Legendary!

OP
OP
d-dub

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II
Thanks everyone! Went back today and found 3 more barber dimes. I'll post those shortly. The finds are starting to diminish. Next up is to bring in the small coils for cleanup duty. Lots of iron.

I'm finishing up the video and will be uploading it in a bit.

Soupie asked about the coin to the right of the Barber. Its an 1870 Spanish Una Pesata. Its 83% silver but by the looks of it, the other alloy/s leeched out causing the surface to slightly corrode. Unless its a repo which usually have a marking which this one doesn't? Not sure whether to count it towards my silver total which would put the silver count for this hunt to 10. Smashing my old record of 6 in one hunt.

Reverend B*IKE* said:
Great dig!! Awesome find on hot location!! Could you elaborate on what kind of place it is? Generalization. Did you have any information before hand a tip or map study? Old school, wooded area,vs Field? Was it a park? Is it a old farm house? Are near a town or very rural! I fully understand if you don't want to! I am just trying to learn on looking for signs!
thanks for sharing!
And go back and pound it!!

We were hunting in one of the forest preserves around here. Nothing special about the place. 38' aerials show it was woods back then too. From the surrounding area we were originally thinking it would produce some oldies from the 30's and 40's but were a bit surprised when everything being dug is was from the early 1900's late 1800's. Crazy!

M

MR Senior L4S

L4$ col me on way to work , You (team ) , did it like old timers !!!!!!!!!!!! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread