What's new

best way to preserve an egg

snaps

Sr. Member
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
460
Reaction score
564
Golden Thread
0
Location
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Goldmaxx, Compass GSP, Garrett Infinium
Well, more the shell then the egg itself. Hello everyone, one of our chickens pumped out an egg with a weird marking on it, and I think it resembles a Dr. Seuss character, and on top of that, its a ''Green'' egg to boot. so id like to save it. but I know its gonna rot and stink eventually. any ideas? Thanks for looking Snaps
 

Attachments

  • grinch egg 004.webp
    grinch egg 004.webp
    169.2 KB · Views: 180
Drill a small 1/8" hole in each end. Blow on the top hole and all of the egg will force out the bottom hole. Rinse the inside by forcing water in through the hole. Dry it and paint it with clear nail polish. It will last forever.
 
Well, more the shell then the egg itself. Hello everyone, one of our chickens pumped out an egg with a weird marking on it, and I think it resembles a Dr. Seuss character, and on top of that, its a ''Green'' egg to boot. so id like to save it. but I know its gonna rot and stink eventually. any ideas? Thanks for looking Snaps

I know that an image of jesus on a piece of toast sold for good money on ebay a long time ago. So who knows !!! Give it a go on ebay !!
 
TRDKING great advice. Would it be a good idea also to fill the inside with something? Blak bart not a bad idea, ya never know what kinda Dr Seuss eccentrics are out there!
 
no leave the inside empty Expansion and contraction of fill will eventually destroy the shell
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom