What's new

Best week of the Summer for treasure

OBN

Gold Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
6,892
Reaction score
8,272
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland Waters
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Update on the Rings Value/Best week of the Summer for treasure,

Most of the time I post over on the Maryland Forum but Had a really good week last week, 5 days of Treasure hunting...Minelab Excalibur, Remote PP, Skullies, And Coil Change Endcap....Used the 10 inch coil most of the time, but did swap out to the 13ULT and the Sunray 8 once. This Endcap has over 200 plus hours with no issues...Totals for last week are 26 grams of Gold, 21 grams of Platinum..

The One Platinum , Stunning
cc.webp
Took in the Plat I found last week to Jared Jewelry, cleaned and appraised, took about 20 minutes, then Offer to purchase (for 9200.oo) since the stone was in perfect shape, Amazing he never even weighted the ring, said all the value was in the stone.... Retail is between 23,000, and 27,000...






Maryland
 

Attachments

  • OBN0321.webp
    OBN0321.webp
    18.6 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow, I knew I was close. Doesn't surprise me at all. That's an incredible find.


Sleepy, Acquisitor, You guys were very close. I figured maybe 15,ooo and was very surprised today. Finally, it sunk in, the real value after the visit to the jewelries. I feel for the one that lost it and will wait a few weeks to decide if I am going to sell. Would rather have the cash in the bank but it sure adds to the growing treasure chest...Thanks again guys, and may everyone someday be as Blessed.....
 
No jeweller will pay you those big $$ for diamonds. There has been a discussion on here b4 about diamonds and cashing them in for $$. Simply not so. Diamonds have worthless resale unless you find that rare one of a kind.
 
No jeweller will pay you those big $$ for diamonds. There has been a discussion on here b4 about diamonds and cashing them in for $$. Simply not so. Diamonds have worthless resale unless you find that rare one of a kind.

They only offered 40% of the retail value...

And

I guess you have never had the op to sale one...cash from a 3 carat...


attachment.webp
 
Diamonds, anything at a 1/2ct or larger can hold exceptional value.

Joe, you're killing it out there! Congrats, and don't stop now! I hear there's even bigger ones out there. :laughing7:
 
Congrats!!! I always get jealous when I click on all you beach hunters threads. Here in central OK, the dirt is hard, the finds are young, and if someone loses so much as a 10k gold stud, they'll have their whole family out on hands and knees scouring the yard until they find it. :icon_thumright:
 
Congrats Joe - great hunting!!
 
Thanks Guys,
And I do agree diamonds that are smaller are worthless. I sent in 92 Gold rings 2 years ago, many rings had very nice stones..nothing bigger the .50 carats, many small...they offered 400.oo for a small handful........

Big Scoop
I hear there's even bigger ones out there.
laughing7.gif

Thanks buddy, there maybe a few but they are rare, Good Luck to you also....I have the LS charged up and will be taking it out in a few weeks to that special beach I had told you about....hope it works...

If do decide to sell I will post another picture of the cash....a good incentive for me to look at once and awhile also...
 
Last edited:
Well good to know then that the bigger carat diamonds can bring some big $$ for resale. I was mis-informed from previous threads that any diamond you found would be basically worthless to a jeweller. Congrats OBN!! That's some nice wads of $$. ..... Here is a Ring I found today, stone is missing. Just a 925 so I doubt it was real anyways. Maybe yours would fit nice in it!!
 
Your fine IrishGoldhound, Diamonds are a rip off... after walking around seeing several this morning I just can't believe the prices that they ask...I sure know they would not give much, if anything for the smaller ones they were selling for thousands... So you were not totally misinformed. The 3 carat brought 34,600, stone only...so you know they turned it around and doubled there money....

Fine looking silver also, I would take it and know there is more treasure near by....when I start finding anything like Silver, I work the area harder....
 
Sleepy, Acquisitor, You guys were very close. I figured maybe 15,ooo and was very surprised today. Finally, it sunk in, the real value after the visit to the jewelries. I feel for the one that lost it and will wait a few weeks to decide if I am going to sell. Would rather have the cash in the bank but it sure adds to the growing treasure chest...Thanks again guys, and may everyone someday be as Blessed.....


well, I know quite a lot about diamonds, this hobby forced me to educate myself... + I run a small business myself
 
No jeweller will pay you those big $$ for diamonds. There has been a discussion on here b4 about diamonds and cashing them in for $$. Simply not so. Diamonds have worthless resale unless you find that rare one of a kind.

wrong, tiny or small diamonds have a very low resale price

however a vvs 2+ct solitaire does not.
 
They only offered 40% of the retail value...

And

I guess you have never had the op to sale one...cash from a 3 carat...


if you want to resell then my suggestion is to visit as many jewelers as possible, you might be surprised at the difference in their offers.
 
OBN,
thats an awe inspiring find.
Do you have a link to the 3ct story?
 
OBN,
thats an awe inspiring find.
Do you have a link to the 3ct story?
Thank You, Theinspector

Never posted, some you don't because of the magnitude of all that is involved. Found in Florida, Mid S East Coast.

A few years ago...In the water, Minelab Excalibur

Platinum, 3 carat

Inspiring, Yes....I hate to compare it to a drug but you dig one, your on top of the world and you want more, more, more........

And that one can be almost anything to give you the drive for more....
 
Awesome work OBN! Incredible finds and inspirational pictures! Thank you!
 
Great stuff OBN!
 
So I'm trying to be good, stay dedicated and focused on other important task right now, trying to stay away from the beach, and OBN just keeps pouring more salt into the wound.
STOP IT ALREADY! :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom