What's new

bet you cant guess, I cant

trevmma

Bronze Member
Joined
May 23, 2006
Messages
1,122
Reaction score
683
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
whites 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
these are a few things a buddy of mine has found in his early years, he has a lot more.
the thing that confuseses us is the celt that broke so now it has a polished groove in it dont know what it could of been used for, as far as the point it was his best find, what kind of material is it thanks. Pixie lynn (my daughter) creek hunting with daddy
P5260007.jpg

P5270016.jpg

P5270015.jpg

P5270013.jpg

P5270012.jpg

P5270011.jpg

P5270010.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Nice to see you're getting an early start on hunting with your daughter. ;)

Can you tell us where the artifacts were found? That could help with identifying the material of the Hopewell point. Need to see better pics of the first celt to get a better idea of what's going on there. You have a busted hammer, a nice little loafstone, and a really good celt at bottom.
 
all came from ross county many years ago in the surrounding fields of seip mound. he found 3 good celts in one day
 
trevmma said:
all came from ross county many years ago in the surrounding fields of seip mound. he found 3 good celts in one day


I thought they looked like Ohio artifacts. The Hopewell point is made of Flint Ridge Nethers Flint. It's extremely rare to see a Hopewell point made of Nethers. I can count on one hand how many I have seen that are real. I've seen a lot that were fake. BTW I'm not implying that yours is fake at all. Just want others to watch out, if they are ever offered one for sale.

That is a nice classic example that would lay good in any collection.
 
That is a nice rare point id say nethers also.Comes from northeast area of flint ridge.Ive only found 1 peice of nethers a broken blade.
 
Very nice trev. Post some more pics of that first celt. It looks like it might be a shaft straightener or something of the sort.


xstevenx
 
trevmma said:
all came from ross county many years ago in the surrounding fields of seip mound. he found 3 good celts in one day
Nice stuff! I hunt the siep mound area too.I was there 2 weeks agoThis is what I found. Jeff
 

Attachments

  • Picture 37.webp
    Picture 37.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 334
  • Picture 38.webp
    Picture 38.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 337
  • Picture 39.webp
    Picture 39.webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 331
  • Picture 37.webp
    Picture 37.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 340
  • Picture 38.webp
    Picture 38.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 343
  • Picture 39.webp
    Picture 39.webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 340
Sheet oriverhuntr im just a few miles north of there couldve helped ya find some of that stuff! nice finds...
 
i was looking at seip mound and swear i took a step into a no tilled field that had weeds all through it and found a broken tip and a peice of a hand chopper, god i would love to live there.
 
Yeah last time i was there were cornfields on the east & west of whats left of the mound.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom