Kalispell

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
White's - Prizm V
Better late than never I 'spose

Good Morning All,
I was just thinking that I should do the intro thing.
I had originally found this site while looking for an "OLD" friend, whom I had lost contact with a couple of years ago. I knew he was into treasure hunting and somehow during the Google searches, I ended up here, and in order to make contact with him I needed to be a registered user. Soooooooo, that's where I'm at today.

Oddly enough, I am sort of into "treasure hunting" also and a few years ago bought a White's Prizm detector because I would always see this guy over at the school grounds with a dectector in the spring time and he would find a few gold , and other coins. Apparently they would heave up from the frost during the winter and he would be there digging them up. And that is all it took to give me the itch.

I have been out with my daughter and found quite a few coins...... quarters, nickels, dimes, and a bunch of pennies, bottle caps, pull tabs etc. My daughter did find a black hills gold ring too.

My user name comes from the town I grew up in, and I figured it's as good a name as any, and I knew that my lost friend would know instantly who it was that was writing to him. Funny thing though, he always pronounced it "Cows spell", not "Kal i spell".

You see, I joined the U.S. Air Force back in 1977, and got stationed at Hill Air Force Base in Utah. I worked as an Aircrew Life Support Technician. After my 4 year hitch, I went into the 419th TFW Reserves, and finished my remaining 16 years there. After my 2nd trip over to the "sand box", I had my fill and decided to retire from the military in 1997. I am currently still employed by the Government as a civil servant, although I plan on retiring from here in 4 short years.

I recently took a trip down to Satellite Beach in Florida to attend my long time friends retirement ceremony, and to just hang out on the beach for a couple weeks. It was a great trip and vacation. Oh, and one other thing............ my long time friend, well he is none other than one of your global moderators........... Wreckdiver1715.

After hearing the stories of the 1715 wrecks and such from Tom, and seeing all the goodies at the treasure museum's, it sure does get my mind stirring.

Anyway, that's enough for now.......... thanks for listening.

Bruce.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Better late than never I 'spose

Good Morning Kalispell and welcome to TNet, from over here on top of the Rockies in Summit Co. CO. I kinda like Utah as we like hangin out down around Moab and camping.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:wave: Bruce

Glad you found your "lost friend"...couldn't ask for a better friend than Tom. :icon_thumleft: Glad you're back detecting and I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing about your finds.

Thanks for your dedication to our country.

:wink: RR

welcome53 (3).jpg

Attachments

• welcome53 (3).jpg
    welcome53 (3).jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 649

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welcome aboard Bruce! It's about time you decided to post something on TNet! Oh yea, this is the Mug Shot page and you need to post a picture, or I can dig one out from back in the day!!!

Tom

OP
OP
Kalispell

Kalispell

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
White's - Prizm V

RGINN said:
Good Morning Kalispell and welcome to TNet, from over here on top of the Rockies in Summit Co. CO. I kinda like Utah as we like hangin out down around Moab and camping.

Thanks for the Welcome. I too have made a few trips down to Moab, but mostly to do some hiking in the Arches area.

OP
OP
Kalispell

Kalispell

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
White's - Prizm V

River Rat said:
:wave: Bruce

Glad you found your "lost friend"...couldn't ask for a better friend than Tom. :icon_thumleft: Glad you're back detecting and I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing about your finds.

Thanks for your dedication to our country.

:wink: RR

Thanks River Rat for the support. Your screen name suggests that you too are tied to the military?
Yeah, Tom is one of the friends that people like me try to hang on to. We have quite the history together, back in the day. Some of it was sooooooooo good, I can't remember half of it. ha

OP
OP
Kalispell

Kalispell

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
White's - Prizm V

wreckdiver1715 said:
Welcome aboard Bruce! It's about time you decided to post something on TNet! Oh yea, this is the Mug Shot page and you need to post a picture, or I can dig one out from back in the day!!!

Tom

Thanks Tom, I'm not sure I have any current pictures of myself. Most are of me with a fish in hand, not buried treasure. I'd probably be embarrassed to see one that you have. I can just picture one of those where the passed out person gets a work over from his "BUDDIES".

OP
OP
Kalispell

Kalispell

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
White's - Prizm V

becky21b said:
Kalispell, are you from Kalispell? I lived in Kalispell, Mt for 4 years....
Yes I am. Grew up out on Foothill Road by Lake Blaine. Still have a family farm there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread