better year

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Huntress104,

Happy New Year to you; may 2015 bring you great joy with lots of gold and silver!

Regards,

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have a Happy New Year to you also Huntress. I did a hunt today but no points were found just a couple of scrapers. Still better than sitting at home.

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy New Year huntress! Hoping your finds are plentiful as well as beautiful! I did a creek hunt today and came out empty handed with the exception of some broken glass and a small turquoise stone and gonna try again tomorrow...hoping to find the point that I've been finding the flakes from lol!

OP
OP
huntress104

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Good luck to you Peaches. Was that creek water a little on the cool side? I have a creek on my farm but have never walked it. I did find the banded slate bar weight (my avatar pic) in a small dry tributary that feeds into the creek. Hmmmm maybe I should be walking it.....

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck to you Peaches. Was that creek water a little on the cool side? I have a creek on my farm but have never walked it. I did find the banded slate bar weight (my avatar pic) in a small dry tributary that feeds into the creek. Hmmmm maybe I should be walking it.....

Yes the water is downright cold! But I put on 2 pairs of bootsocks and rubber boots to walk it. On a warm day like today (upper 50's) it's not bad in the sun. I would say yes you definitely need to be walking in that creek!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck ya walk that creek. I jump in mine even when it is in the teens My boots will be underwater but I don't care. Got me a phone case that is waterproof and it goes around my neck. Once you find something you will be hooked on creek hunting.

OP
OP
huntress104

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
My creek has a black rock bottom and I don't think it would be the easiest to hunt. It is usually above the knee to waist deep in most of it. But hey I might find something there. Like I said I have never really hunted it. I have always stuck to the fields. With all the rain we have had lately and more in the forecast it may be a while before I can get to it to hunt it.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My year is already better than the last one. Went metal detecting today and found a broke tip! I may be lucky enough to find a whole one before the year is up! Good providence in 2015 to you and all the Tnetters!

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My creek has a black rock bottom and I don't think it would be the easiest to hunt. It is usually above the knee to waist deep in most of it. But hey I might find something there. Like I said I have never really hunted it. I have always stuck to the fields. With all the rain we have had lately and more in the forecast it may be a while before I can get to it to hunt it.

When you can get out there find the shallow spots first and also if it's blocked with sticks and leaves you might want to pull them out to help the water flow. Try the bends where pebble sand bars are and take a leaf rake or garden rake and go thru them. It's a lot of work but worth it. Believe it or not right now is the better time with the snakes underground but if it gets to be unseasonably warm like 70 or so the snakes will come up for air...I've seen a big water snake out on a January day when it was 70. I almost prefer a Winter hunt now, no snakes and no greenery to grab you as much. Where you find old glass shards you will find other type shards. I mostly find shards. I find flakes in sand bars and projectile points get stuck in and on rocks and I've even dug them out from under a bank. Good luck when you do get out!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions