Jerry311

Nov 3, 2011
Ramona CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi
I have been taking my 505 to the beach and have found plenty in dry sand.
I have also found some stuff in the wet sand and water no more then 3'' of water and about 4'' in the ground. (Pictured is the wet sand finds) The cross is Stainless :(
I am using the stock coil right now but i have a 4'' Nugget shooter coil at home. Do you think the 4" will help me in the wet sand?
or is the stock coil best for wet sand. when im at the watters edgee im always dealing with false signals and wondering if the 4" would maybe perform better.

Attachments

• coins.jpg
    coins.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 706

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry neither coil would have an advantage over the other in the wet sand because of the salt and black sand. Single freq. detectors can't handle the changes in minerals even with GB. I am asuming you mean by beach you are talking about saltwater beaches and not freshwater beaches.

OP
OP
Jerry311

Jerry311

Nov 3, 2011
Ramona CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes beach sand. I have not tried any freshwater yet im still learning my machine.
I will be back on the beach tomorrow here in San Diego during low tide. i throw up some pictures of anything cool i find.

OP
OP
Jerry311

Jerry311

Nov 3, 2011
Ramona CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I took the BH 505 out Saturday to the beach.
Only found 2.50$ in modern change but I did find a nice cell phone that still works. it was about 4" in the dry sand. I called the owner and she is Sooooooooo happy I have her phone, She is coming to pick it up today.

Attachments

• phone.jpg
    phone.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 279

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread