What's new

Bicentennial dream rolls!!!!

Bean

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Georgia
Went to a small town bank today, got 10 hand rolls of halfs. They looked really old so I was thinking this could be good...... :)
All ten rolls were filled with bicentennials, all of them.
Anybody else been getting these clad dream rolls?
I cant wait to get my first clad dream box!!!!


Bean
 
Upvote 0
This happens a lot. A combo of the fact they are by far the most minted halves and also that some people "collected" them thinking they were rare or special or would be one day then finally dumped them back after years and the realization they are worthless... well... worth two quarters a pop. ;)

Better luck next time.

~Dave
 
If I am not mistaken they were minted for a few years.
 
Bean said:
Went to a small town bank today, got 10 hand rolls of halfs. They looked really old so I was thinking this could be good...... :)
All ten rolls were filled with bicentennials, all of them.
Anybody else been getting these clad dream rolls?
I cant wait to get my first clad dream box!!!!


Bean
OK, this is sarcasm, right? Yeah, I've had my share of nightmares.
 
Bicentennial dream rolls......Isn't that an Oxymoron?

Jim
 
Happened to me at one of my banks. I got 1k in handrolls they had stored in the vault and 31 Rolls had Bice written on them. Sure enough all of the rolls contained nothing but Bicentennials. I dumped all of them. You can sale about 5 rolls for $30 on eBay. Not worth the effort >:(
 
Bean said:
Went to a small town bank today, got 10 hand rolls of halfs. They looked really old so I was thinking this could be good...... :)
All ten rolls were filled with bicentennials, all of them.
Anybody else been getting these clad dream rolls?
I cant wait to get my first clad dream box!!!!


Bean
hey still cool
 
I picked up 4 hand rolls from a bank about a month ago, all said bicentennial on them. I almost didnt even look through the rest after the first roll...... I ended up finding a 40% half in one of the rolls, the only non-bi centennial half of the whole lot. I guess it just goes to show, it never hurts to look.
 
Similar thing happened to a buddy and me on a road trip hitting up banks. We hit a dozen or so old yellow rolls that looked REALLY promising... but when we got'em back to the car most had years written on em. Sure enough they were organized by year and non of the years were silver ones. Two rolls were mixed years though and one of them had a lone 40% in it.

Beats nothing right?

~Dave
 
Bi's are turned in from collections and more than once I have had found full rolls of them turned in along with full rolls of silver.
Return to that bank often and see if anything else turns up. :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom