What's new

Bicycle Head Badge??

against the wind

Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2015
Messages
24,896
Reaction score
24,983
Golden Thread
0
Location
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought this was a bicycle head badge but I have not been able to locate a match.
 

Attachments

  • 20181010_221314.webp
    20181010_221314.webp
    293.3 KB · Views: 135
two out of two diggers concur! Motometer monogram badge. not curved enough for a bicycle headbadge
 
Upvote 0
Where else on the Internet can you get an answer on something like that in under 10 minutes! Impressive
 
Upvote 0
two out of two diggers concur! Motometer monogram badge. not curved enough for a bicycle headbadge

I don't think so, it is curved enough to conform to mounting on a bicycle frame tube. Do any of you guys have a picture of this script D monogram where it is identified by the manufacturer?
I viewed 100's of pictures of head badges and couldn't find this monogram or badge shape.
The closest font I have found is the Detroit Tigers Logo.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Probably is a motometer, they made those for any car logo. Try searching auto's that start with d. Most were slightly curved
 
Upvote 0
Great find an I D
 
Upvote 0
I’m certain of the ID, but haven’t found the old ad I (or someone else?) had posted in an old thread about these. But the monogram was for the owners name, rather than the make of the car. And, yes they are curved.
 
Upvote 0
I don't think so, it is curved enough to conform to mounting on a bicycle frame tube. Do any of you guys have a picture of this script D monogram where it is identified by the manufacturer?
I viewed 100's of pictures of head badges and couldn't find this monogram or badge shape.
The closest font I have found is the Detroit Tigers Logo.


If the bicycle had a 4" diameter headtube! That is not much of a curve and thicker and heavier than most head badges I have seen
 
Upvote 0
badge.webp
notice the shape of this badge
 
Upvote 0
I don't think so, it is curved enough to conform to mounting on a bicycle frame tube. Do any of you guys have a picture of this script D monogram where it is identified by the manufacturer?
I viewed 100's of pictures of head badges and couldn't find this monogram or badge shape.
The closest font I have found is the Detroit Tigers Logo.

Wasn't able to find the letter D.
Sure looks like a motometer badge that one could purchase in any letter, as nhbenz is suggesting.

Motometer.webp

Motometer3.webp

Edit to add: ... thought it was kind of cool on these, you push the eagles head to pop open the radiator cap.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
winner winner chicken dinner!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom