What's new

Big blow

Here are the beauties on the scale
 

Attachments

  • 20260411_185935.webp
    20260411_185935.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 87
divePlam,
Can you post pics of your Ottoman coins?
Have you identified them?
Don in SoCal


I'll get home on Friday or Saturday and take a picture of one of the coins. I gave the other coin to a friend, but I'll ask him to take a picture of it. I haven't identified which sultan they belong to, but maybe we can figure it out here on the forum.
 
If the 'tughra' is clear and distinct, we can probably ID the Sultan.
Don in SoCal


I think we'll find out which sultan they belong to and what year they're from.
 
I just received the photos of an Ottoman coin I found.
 

Attachments

  • IMG-e8521a2ae9d42c88370c93ebadbfdd55-V.webp
    IMG-e8521a2ae9d42c88370c93ebadbfdd55-V.webp
    103.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG-ba6a2b3f477d379d50517a57227a558e-V.webp
    IMG-ba6a2b3f477d379d50517a57227a558e-V.webp
    91.1 KB · Views: 52
To satisfy my colleagues' voracious hunger from forum for artifacts, I asked my friend to photograph the sabre hilt that he found on the same wreck.

 

Attachments

  • IMG-9d73f44d0c8635eca1b8ae084bb2b6a8-V.webp
    IMG-9d73f44d0c8635eca1b8ae084bb2b6a8-V.webp
    209.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG-d1f69394bc0e4b3f713db3d158c4a6bd-V.webp
    IMG-d1f69394bc0e4b3f713db3d158c4a6bd-V.webp
    190.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG-561cd3cfee8313f0f5d68757d2edaeea-V.webp
    IMG-561cd3cfee8313f0f5d68757d2edaeea-V.webp
    67.3 KB · Views: 52
After all the artifacts found so far, it leads me to think that the shipwreck is probably from the Crimean War. The ship was probably under a French or Austrian flag.
 
divePlam,
Can you post pics of your Ottoman coins?
Have you identified them?
Don in SoCal

This is the other Ottoman coin found on the shipwreck.
 

Attachments

  • 20260424_143915.webp
    20260424_143915.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
  • 20260424_143819.webp
    20260424_143819.webp
    1 MB · Views: 57
  • 20260424_145155.webp
    20260424_145155.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 66

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom