randazzo1
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Feb 1, 2006
- Messages
- 1,582
- Reaction score
- 1,746
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- New York, NY
- Detector(s) used
- Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
I think the long piece may be bent?
I'd be interested to see a pic from the top down.
You've shown us a pic of the bottom, but I want to see if there's any wear evident in the 'U' shaped top section.
If it is an oar lock, then there should be signs of wear & tear.
I'm thinking it's wagon related hardware.
Dave

If that was an oarlock, the base would be turned 90 degrees,
and the oarlock would swivel on the base. The "U" on your item
is welded to the base.
It's very cool, but it's not an oarlock.
Could it possibly be a candle or lamp holder??!!