Banned
Jan 1, 2015
Orange Park, Fl
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 950/White's Bullseye pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy T-netters! Great day at the fort site today. No, awesome day at the fort site today! I did make videos with my phone while on site, but Bergie and I decided that a couple of the finds were so significant that the videos could give off grid coordinates and compromise our site. After all, Bergie got SPECIAL permission and people may come in by boat and steal our thunder or try to get our hunting put to a cease fire because of the GOLD.

So, the day got started on a bad note as my pin pointer fell out of my pouch. After a 50 yard backtrack I recovered it. Thank you Jesus! Here is the order of my damage today with the coins found, in order of recovery:

attachment.phpa.jpg

Untitleda.jpg

(1) 1786 2 reale, Mexico mint, M I assayer
(2) 1783 1 reale, Mexico mint, F F assayer
(3) 1807 8 escudo, Mexico mint, T H assayer
(4) 1793 2 escudo, Spain mint, M F assayer

Keep in mind, the last time I was there I found a 1783 1/2 escudo and folks told me there was probably more gold there. Now I am a believer. Probably still some more.
The other finds include some rusty thing which looks like a wrench, but did they have wrenches like that 200 years ago. Doubt it! I'd appreciate input on that item. Also some other shard of rusty metal, an old .45 caliber casing, a fishing sinker that has a number 2, and a piece of lead that could be a very fubar musket ball. I don't know what kicked my tail the worse today: the terrain or the adrenaline of the excitement of my best gold finds ever! Man I'm worn out. Wish I could flaunt the videos. Enjoy the pics! HH!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 91
OP
OP
W

WildWildBill

Banned
Jan 1, 2015
Orange Park, Fl
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Sort of a falling out with the partner in crime. Don't know IF I will be able to go again. I wish I could dredge the waters edge!

I am sorry to hear you had a falling out with Bergie and you may not be able to return to the location! If it is out of jealousy due to your' super finds, maybe if you can talk him into going with you where they were found, then maybe things will get back on track. I did notice however, that you were/are worried that some folks may come in by boat, so I assume that there is access to this location by boat. If so and the location is below the highwater line and is fair game to anyone, then get a boat and go there on your own or find another partner. Just a thought!

Frank

OP
OP
W

WildWildBill

Banned
Jan 1, 2015
Orange Park, Fl
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow , Congratulations on a truly Banner worthy bunch of coins finally getting up top so everyone can appreciate them !

Thanks for all your support! I just started working again after two years and just checked my account on a whim. I really was shocked! Not everything great has the opportunity to hit banner. Because things don't hit banner doesn't mean their not great finds. Sometimes the greatest finds are how the finder perceives them as. I'm working on buddying up with an elderly gent in St Augustine. He's getting too old to sweep AND take a knee to dig. Digging IS NOT PERMITTED there, but he knows where the boundaries are and is willing to split our finds. He took my number down, but who knows when he'll call. When it happens I'll be ready!

OP
OP
W

WildWildBill

Banned
Jan 1, 2015
Orange Park, Fl
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sorry to hear you had a falling out with Bergie and you may not be able to return to the location! If it is out of jealousy due to your' super finds, maybe if you can talk him into going with you where they were found, then maybe things will get back on track. I did notice however, that you were/are worried that some folks may come in by boat, so I assume that there is access to this location by boat. If so and the location is below the highwater line and is fair game to anyone, then get a boat and go there on your own or find another partner. Just a thought!

Frank

A good guy, but I kind of messed up too. I believe I slipped and said what the sight is close to....maybe too much info., but no grid, so. I would love to show them videos somehow, someway, someday!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A good guy, but I kind of messed up too. I believe I slipped and said what the sight is close to....maybe too much info., but no grid, so. I would love to show them videos somehow, someway, someday!

If you're worried about location information embedded in the video, there is a way to post the video easily without any risk. Play the video on your computer and simply film the computer screen with your cell phone as it plays. You could simply record a few clips of the digging and recovery. Problem solved.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WildWildBill

Banned
Jan 1, 2015
Orange Park, Fl
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're worried about location information embedded in the video, there is a way to post the video easily without any risk. Play the video on your computer and simply film the computer screen with your cell phone as it plays. You could simply record a few clips of the digging and recovery. Problem solved.

.....and I always preach about thinking outside of the box when treasure hunting. That is a great outside the box idea on a safe video. Will definitely give that a try and post these segments I have. Thanks my friend!

GTzer

Jan 24, 2013
DELCO, Pa
Detector(s) used
xTerra 705 & 6000 xl Pro,CZ 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be the best find I've read about. Thanks for the post & pics.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....and I always preach about thinking outside of the box when treasure hunting. That is a great outside the box idea on a safe video. Will definitely give that a try and post these segments I have. Thanks my friend!

Any luck getting some video footage copied?

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Im speechless. Congrats to you they are beautiful and for sure finds of a lifetime. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread