Banned
Jan 1, 2015
Orange Park, Fl
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 950/White's Bullseye pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy T-netters! Great day at the fort site today. No, awesome day at the fort site today! I did make videos with my phone while on site, but Bergie and I decided that a couple of the finds were so significant that the videos could give off grid coordinates and compromise our site. After all, Bergie got SPECIAL permission and people may come in by boat and steal our thunder or try to get our hunting put to a cease fire because of the GOLD.

So, the day got started on a bad note as my pin pointer fell out of my pouch. After a 50 yard backtrack I recovered it. Thank you Jesus! Here is the order of my damage today with the coins found, in order of recovery:

attachment.phpa.jpg

Untitleda.jpg

(1) 1786 2 reale, Mexico mint, M I assayer
(2) 1783 1 reale, Mexico mint, F F assayer
(3) 1807 8 escudo, Mexico mint, T H assayer
(4) 1793 2 escudo, Spain mint, M F assayer

Keep in mind, the last time I was there I found a 1783 1/2 escudo and folks told me there was probably more gold there. Now I am a believer. Probably still some more.
The other finds include some rusty thing which looks like a wrench, but did they have wrenches like that 200 years ago. Doubt it! I'd appreciate input on that item. Also some other shard of rusty metal, an old .45 caliber casing, a fishing sinker that has a number 2, and a piece of lead that could be a very fubar musket ball. I don't know what kicked my tail the worse today: the terrain or the adrenaline of the excitement of my best gold finds ever! Man I'm worn out. Wish I could flaunt the videos. Enjoy the pics! HH!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 91

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truly an epic hunt. Banner all the way! Congratulations

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
W

WildWildBill

Banned
Jan 1, 2015
Orange Park, Fl
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok folks.....the common theme I'm getting is better pics. I will definitely do that when I get home! Thanks T-netters!

Jacobsdt

Jan 9, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher F75 ltd, Garrett Pro Pointer and a little luck
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, just wow.

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
EXCRUCIATINGLY AMAZING FINDS!!! I don't know how else to describe them. I bet you had a heck of an adrenaline rush going! Is there a video? Awesome hunt!

OP
OP
W

WildWildBill

Banned
Jan 1, 2015
Orange Park, Fl
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matter of fact, I do have videos. I didn't change the mode on my phone when I made the video segments. If I post them there will be a trail of grid coordinates. Not good. I was very tired that morning from lack of sleep and anxiety. When I replay the videos I almost seemed zapped a little. I was actually more psyched out the next day after rest!

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ah I understand then about not posting the video, I had just clicked on your banner find and was reading your post about it being your best day and probably you'll never top that lol so much for NOT topping that find! Man, my best days were finding 2 Barber dimes in 2 different hunts, my dreams do not even go as high as finding coins like you've found! Sure nice to see finds like that are still out there. I'd probably collapse over a find like those.

OP
OP
W

WildWildBill

Banned
Jan 1, 2015
Orange Park, Fl
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah I understand then about not posting the video, I had just clicked on your banner find and was reading your post about it being your best day and probably you'll never top that lol so much for NOT topping that find! Man, my best days were finding 2 Barber dimes in 2 different hunts, my dreams do not even go as high as finding coins like you've found! Sure nice to see finds like that are still out there. I'd probably collapse over a find like those.

Those gold are now my most cherished possessions after my family. I think there could still be more there. A lot of work went into recovering these. Much patience and hope. A lot of luck too. Now, I must start playing the lottery.

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERY,VERY COOL FINDS!! Love the gold especially that big honkin' 8!! Also interesting is the 1783 1 Reale as you probably know a lot of the Spanish 1783 coinage sunk with the El Cazador.

Steve

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, that's an awesome site! I wouldn't be surprised if more turn up. Good luck! You've got my Banner Vote!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea how to move them to the original post. Wish I did. Honestly, a banner wouldn't make for that much of a deal. The ONLY great thing about banner is when someone NEW comes to this site and sees those banners across the top and starts viewing them. It's just the awesome history of it, not the notoriety you get for finding it so much. The history of where we are, come from, or been is greater sometimes. A great find, but I enjoy sharing history with people who love history and sharing it with other people. I just wish there was provenance with those coins other than where I found them.

I don't care whether I get a banner either, but it clearly is a banner day & if its not we should all go home & give up!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!! Congratulations!!

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs