What's new

Big Knife or axe maybe?

Spiritofforest

Greenie
Joined
May 27, 2019
Messages
13
Reaction score
30
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve never found an artifact this size before and I apologize in advance for the poor pictures. The piece is thicker in the middle, and doesn’t appear to be damaged. Any ideas on what this bad boy is? Thanks in advance.
 

Attachments

  • 588CDA8D-79A6-4E12-9462-08232C9E9EA0.webp
    588CDA8D-79A6-4E12-9462-08232C9E9EA0.webp
    815.5 KB · Views: 124
  • 602C534E-CBAC-4849-BF68-A2895F6F0A93.webp
    602C534E-CBAC-4849-BF68-A2895F6F0A93.webp
    817.3 KB · Views: 87
Upvote 0
Looks to be a big ole blade or preform. Nice find
 
Knowing where a piece comes from really helps in ID's.

Can an you show a side view and pictures of both ends please? It could be a Flint Celt.
 
Last edited:
Sorry man, I keep forgetting to add location. It was found in Eastern Kentucky. I’m not at home right now to add any pics but I will when I can.
 
Nice find. I'll stand by for other pics and opinions on what it is
 
Appears to be a artifact......most likely a preform. A side view of the edges would tell us a lot more. Nice find.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom