What's new

Big Sandy

Chris Thompson

Greenie
Joined
Sep 25, 2018
Messages
16
Reaction score
47
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found in Vinton County Ohio 1553355882398-1808465365.webp1553355882398-1808465365.webp

Video of find if interested.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice, I believe it was much larger when first knapped. It looks like it's been resharpend a few times. Keep em coming!
 
I was very fortunate to find 2 early Archaic points 4 days apart. I fear i wont find another one for a very long time.
 
Very Nice! Congrats
 
That looks more like a resharpened Thebes to me. However, it is not beveled so might not be. Gary
 
That looks more like a resharpened Thebes to me. However, it is not beveled so might not be. Gary

Thats what i first thought but no bevel so i had to go with Big Sandy.
 
Thebes hit me, too. Big Sandies down here are almost always beveled. Heckuva find either way!
 
Great find Chris. I am also in the ‘not a Big Sandy’ camp but either way it’s an excellent find.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom