What's new

BIG SILVER found today ! First one like this in 5 years !

pl8man

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
4,204
Reaction score
4,643
Golden Thread
2
Location
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I got to the school this morning to hunt I thought maybe a wheat or a junk ring I might find . Well I did a little better than that :headbang: . This school gave up a huge silver ring early this year , this time it was huge silver not just in ring form :thumbsup: . After a good two hours and a sack of clad I had a sweet +92 at 9 inches ! I dug down and the target became louder and louder ! Please be a big silver and not the old brass sprinkler system :laughing7: . Well when I got to the bottom I saw a big black disc ! I took a picture , the one I have posted , and then took it out . BINGO , BIG SILVER COIN :hello2:! It's the first Ben Franklin half I have found in 5 years ! I remember the last made me smile and so did this one ! It's a 1952D in nice condition . The very next target , only 5 feet away , I found something that really surprised me ! It was 7 inches deep and I don't remember the VDI number because I was still thinking about the silver half . It is some kind of Nazi item I believe . Anyone have any idea what it is ? Also found on the surface a nice silver pendent . Total clad was $10.09 for 3 hours . :icon_thumright:
HH
Glen
 

Attachments

  • 100_4126.webp
    100_4126.webp
    321.9 KB · Views: 191
  • 100_4127.webp
    100_4127.webp
    352.3 KB · Views: 187
  • 100_4128.webp
    100_4128.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 206
  • 100_4123.webp
    100_4123.webp
    205.6 KB · Views: 190
  • 100_4129.webp
    100_4129.webp
    221.7 KB · Views: 180
  • 100_4130.webp
    100_4130.webp
    150.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 100_4132.webp
    100_4132.webp
    263.9 KB · Views: 191
  • 100_4133.webp
    100_4133.webp
    357.2 KB · Views: 186
  • 100_4134.webp
    100_4134.webp
    234.4 KB · Views: 176
  • 100_4135.webp
    100_4135.webp
    191.8 KB · Views: 179
  • 100_4136.webp
    100_4136.webp
    180.9 KB · Views: 176
Upvote 52
Sweet finds, Big Silver is great, congrats!!! :occasion14:
 
Congrats on the excellent finds!! Still looking for my first Ben after 25 years!

-- Jeff --
 
Hay that's a great coin! Congratulations
 
Nice half Glen, and the German item looks like a clock key ...
 
So Ben gave you a ring on the detector and said "here i am!"

Sweet bucklist find! That myst have blown off the head phones!

Nice pendant too.
Symbol on the key i've seen somewhere but don't remember what or where. :what:
 
Congrats on those finds Glen,:occasion14: this seems to be the year of the Ben Franklin. :hello2: Looks like you checked another one off the list.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom