What's new

BIG SILVER found today ! First one like this in 5 years !

pl8man

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
4,204
Reaction score
4,643
Golden Thread
2
Location
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I got to the school this morning to hunt I thought maybe a wheat or a junk ring I might find . Well I did a little better than that :headbang: . This school gave up a huge silver ring early this year , this time it was huge silver not just in ring form :thumbsup: . After a good two hours and a sack of clad I had a sweet +92 at 9 inches ! I dug down and the target became louder and louder ! Please be a big silver and not the old brass sprinkler system :laughing7: . Well when I got to the bottom I saw a big black disc ! I took a picture , the one I have posted , and then took it out . BINGO , BIG SILVER COIN :hello2:! It's the first Ben Franklin half I have found in 5 years ! I remember the last made me smile and so did this one ! It's a 1952D in nice condition . The very next target , only 5 feet away , I found something that really surprised me ! It was 7 inches deep and I don't remember the VDI number because I was still thinking about the silver half . It is some kind of Nazi item I believe . Anyone have any idea what it is ? Also found on the surface a nice silver pendent . Total clad was $10.09 for 3 hours . :icon_thumright:
HH
Glen
 

Attachments

  • 100_4126.webp
    100_4126.webp
    321.9 KB · Views: 191
  • 100_4127.webp
    100_4127.webp
    352.3 KB · Views: 187
  • 100_4128.webp
    100_4128.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 206
  • 100_4123.webp
    100_4123.webp
    205.6 KB · Views: 190
  • 100_4129.webp
    100_4129.webp
    221.7 KB · Views: 180
  • 100_4135.webp
    100_4135.webp
    191.8 KB · Views: 179
  • 100_4134.webp
    100_4134.webp
    234.4 KB · Views: 176
  • 100_4133.webp
    100_4133.webp
    357.2 KB · Views: 186
  • 100_4132.webp
    100_4132.webp
    263.9 KB · Views: 191
  • 100_4130.webp
    100_4130.webp
    150.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 100_4136.webp
    100_4136.webp
    180.9 KB · Views: 176
Upvote 52
Glen,

Good score on the half dollar.

Your oddball item if it's hollow could be a clock winder and not necessarily Nazi related.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Congrats on the large silver. What is in your soil? Yech, looks almost as bad as my water finds.

I don't think that is a Nazi item. is the end hollow with a square hole? Remember the symbol was an indian good luck symbol for a long long time before they took it over.
 
Great score on the Ben! And the Nazi thing? Very interesting...I am not sure it is nazi related, but have no clue what it is...
May I suggest posting it in the what is it forum, this could be a great thread as well....
 
Congrats on the large silver. What is in your soil? Yech, looks almost as bad as my water finds.

I don't think that is a Nazi item. is the end hollow with a square hole? Remember the symbol was an indian good luck symbol for a long long time before they took it over.

I do now before Hitler made the symbol very bad it meant good luck . It is not hollow and is not square on the end . I also thought it was for a clock at first . It is posted in "WHAT IS IT " .
Glen
 
Congrats on ben franklin. !! I have no idea what the nazi looking thing is , maybe its hitlers foot locker key. But whats wierd is , I have found the exact same pendant as the one you found. I mean exactly the same. Mine was actually a hanging earring. Mine still had the part that goes in your ear. What are the odds!!!
 
Hi; I'm confused. One minute ago I saw a Thread made by BigWaveDave. Thingv is that itb is the EXACT SAME THREAD & PICTURES.!!!! So who made the finds??? :icon_scratch: You or BIGWAVEDAVE ???:dontknow: I even posted a Congrats to the other EXACT same Thread. CLARITY PLEASE. PEACE:RONB
 
I was thinking a valve shut off like for a gas fire place or a clock key. Does the end look broke? It sure looks like an ornate key or something to turn. I am stumped although it really looks like something I have seen before but can't place it at all.
 
Hi; I'm confused. One minute ago I saw a Thread made by BigWaveDave. Thingv is that itb is the EXACT SAME THREAD & PICTURES.!!!! So who made the finds??? :icon_scratch: You or BIGWAVEDAVE ???:dontknow: I even posted a Congrats to the other EXACT same Thread. CLARITY PLEASE. PEACE:RONB

Ha! I encouraged my man, pl8man, to start a thread in what is it...more eyes on his cool mystery item...
 
Hi BWD; Yup, I understand. Man, I was confused there for a minute. :icon_scratch: :laughing7: It's time for a nap after that one. :thumbsup: In like naps. PEACE:RONB
 
Awesome job. i was waiting to see a Ring..
 
Great silver coin, jewelry and relic hunt, congratulations! :occasion14:
 
Awesome score Glen! The only Ben that I have ever found had been beautifully worked into a large coin ring. It would be sweet to find one "in the raw!" Sub 8-)
 
Awesome score Glen! The only Ben that I have ever found had been beautifully worked into a large coin ring. It would be sweet to find one "in the raw!" Sub 8-)

I would love to find a ring like that ! I found a silver quarter ring years ago but it was just a Washington .
Glen
 
Awesome Franklin! My best 50 center is a bicentennial.
 
That's a great hunt keep it up !!!!!!!!!!!!!111
 
Way to go Sub.
Very cool on the Benji, and earring.
No clue on the Swastika.
Congrats
 
Great job on finding Ben! Can't wait to find my first one. Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom