What's new

Big silver - small silver

CASPER-2

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2012
Messages
17,375
Reaction score
20,667
Golden Thread
1
Location
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
went to one of my old salt water spots
started the day with a deep target that was all encrusted - couple of shakes of the scoop and
the center fell out and saw I had a large silver ring - dropped in my pouch - jiggling with the other finds
slowly knocked the crust off - so by the time I got back to my car - I could see I had an old military ring - believe its army air corp
ended up with 6 silver dimes - four are mercs other 2 are roosies
was hoping for some gold - but happy with the silvers :sunny:
DSC00007.webp DSC00004.webp
 
Upvote 72
Great hunt casper
 
Love those old military rings. Silver or gold. Lots of silver there Casper. Congrats
 
Casper,

Good going on the silvers.....that ring is a winner.

Hopefully you post up a cleaned picture later.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Nice day in the surf!
 
Nice hunt! That ring has really taken a beating. I'm sure the salt water and sand had a lot to do with it, but can't help but wonder how old it is. Congrats!
 
its circa WW II - it has a 3 prop propeller on it along with wings with shield like those worn by WWII pilots
and a if you enlarge the closeup of the ring - you'll see what looks like a Hellcat fighter plane near bottom/back of the ring

Nice hunt! That ring has really taken a beating. I'm sure the salt water and sand had a lot to do with it, but can't help but wonder how old it is. Congrats!
 
Good details on the ring, Casper-2. And nice silver dimes, although they don't all look the same size.
 
its the close up lens if I put a silver quarter in the back it would look smaller than the dimes too - first generation digital camera - but takes better pics than most of my newer ones
Good details on the ring, Casper-2. And nice silver dimes, although they don't all look the same size.
 
ike I thought - army air corps
found a few examples online
- mine has - PILOT OFFICER - above the eagle
same sides -
another with identical sides and army eagle has
PILOT USAAF - above eagle - which is United States Army Air Force
one guy said his was from his grandfather that was a army bomber pilot in WW II
they command a pretty good price for being silver and are collectible
so this one wont be going to the scrap yard - will find a place in one of my display cases
 
That ring is great. Love it. :thumbsup:
 
Very cool ring Casper.
 
Awesome day with the dimes but, Sweet day on the ring. Congrats!!
 
Great haul. I love the military ring. Will that clean up after all those years in saltwater?
 
Wow! What a ring. Wonder how old it is?
 
Boy that Silver is a Big Guy!! Very nice save!
 
That's one heck of a chunk of historic silver.........very nice find.
Almost makes the coins anticlimactic.......almost..........
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom