What's new

Big Silver with the new AT PRO!!!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2013
Messages
9,947
Reaction score
19,963
Golden Thread
3
Location
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have lost count how many times I have hunted this particular lawn, it is still my honey hole, with all the goodies still coming to me... But this is getting silly.

I found another tootsie car, spoon, a brass buckle, and a key fob from a auto parts dealer out of Miami. Also pulled a 1920 Buffalo, my oldest readable date of that type. Also found a baggage name tag that belonged to the lady of the house from the 1940's.


So up along the front-side yard, beneath a tree, I was beeping along, I get this very faint, high pitched tone, a quick little chirp, with no reading on the VDI, the whole screen was basically blank. Over and over I scanned, sometimes I heard it, other times I didn't. I changed position swinging, and lost the signal. I remained persistent in regaining the signal, couldn't really pinpoint the target, as the scale would only read half-way at the most. I got down and started digging, I get 6 inches down, re-scan and get the same iffy chirp. My gut feeling is this could be a goody, but I am dog-tired after 5 hours. I commit to making this my last target of the day, then nap time. Back to getting deeper with my diggy tool, now my tector is telling me 87-88-89-87-90-88, bouncing around, but louder, and still deep. Finally the prointer hits on the target, still not quite on it. More digging....I'm on it...I gotta be a foot deep with this,... A reeded edge!!! Gotta be a quar...HOLY CRAP!!!! 1937 Walker!:headbang:

I love this machine!!!
IMG_0369.webp
IMG_0368.webp


Thanks for looking!:hello:
 
Upvote 28
That's a beautiful thing Dave. Nice way I go on a hinch
 
Your persistence was well paid off!...Brad
 
Good job buddy! That's a great feeling right there
 
That's a big ole piece of silver right there! I like signals like that to be in a field so I can dig a big hole, lol.
 
Great job dave! Persistence paid off!
 
Grats on the new ATP, Dave, and grats on the big silver! WOW!

Were you using the 5x8 coil?
 
Did you end up getting the nap?

:)
 
great walker and really cool finds. what's the pin with the wings?
 
Beauty coin, she's a bigin', it must have blown your ears off !
 
Grats on the new ATP, Dave, and grats on the big silver! WOW!

Were you using the 5x8 coil?

No, haven't plugged that one in yet, I am used to the biggie that came with the 350. the 5x8 I am saving for a smaller hunt, if necessary. My honey hole is half an acre, so swinging a small coil kinda intimidates me.
 
great walker and really cool finds. what's the pin with the wings?

Hey there, thanks for asking, I forgot about that, and turns out its cool as all get up.

The pin with wings is a Captain Franks Air Hawks pin.

In 1936, a kid could send in a box top from Post 40% Bran Flakes, and become a member of Frank's Air Hawks!!! This Captain Frank was quite a rock star back in the day, he was a WW1 pilot, then was a barnstormer in the 20' and 30's. He was akin to Chuck Yeager, with speed records, and experimental aircraft. Died in a plane crash in 1938...imagine that.
IMG_0370.webp
 
Hello BWD. That is a really nice set of finds. Big silver, tootsie, Wheaties, a buff, and misc relics...'ya gotta love a hunt like that one. The Captain Frank's item is especially cool. Good luck and may the finds be with you. C9
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom