What's new

Big Strange Dry Washer----Need Help To Identify

Sierra Kid

Full Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
138
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mojave Desert CA.
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300, Falcon MD20
I finally brought the strange Dry Washer home. As you can see its industrial strength. Has anyone ever seen one like it or know who made it? It may be scratch built. Its powered by a 2hp engine that turns 3 sets of bellows on the bottom to push air up through the traps. It is very heavy and made from plate steel. Also needs a complete overhaul which I plan on starting ASAP. Thanks for your help! Cork
 

Attachments

  • dw1.webp
    dw1.webp
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,598
  • dw2.webp
    dw2.webp
    41.5 KB · Views: 1,390
  • dw3.webp
    dw3.webp
    44.6 KB · Views: 624
  • dw4.webp
    dw4.webp
    43.6 KB · Views: 680
Now all you need is a backhoe or bobcat............... :coffee2:
 
Wish I had a Bobcat. Nope, all the work will by my two arms and weak back. ;D It certainly looks like it will handle a lot of volume. The tires actually held air after sitting in the desert for 20+ years. Amazing.
 
:o There is no way one person with a #2 shovel is gonna keep that monster fed! Holy Smokes!!
 
LOL. It can handle more than I and several friends can throw in it. One of my friends suggested a conveyor belt system to feed it. Overhaul has started....
 
Pookie,

A dry washer is used to separate the placer gold from the sand and soil in the desert dry washes. The heavy gold gets trapped in the riffles and the sand gets blown out and shaken out. You pan the leftover stuff trapped in the riffles ever few minutes. Typical dry washers fit in the trunk of your car, so this one is very unusual. Cork
 
This looks like a dry washer I saw on the outdoory channel on one of gpaas outings
 
Yeah that's a bad a$$ washer, but your choice in trucks speaks volumes in how serious you take your machines. Or maybe I'm just biased. Go luck on the rebuild.
 
Old thread revived !

Corky , that big dry washer looks like a puffer (bellows) type if I am not mistaken -judging from the last picture !
A front end loader/Bob cat will definitely make a good companion to this beast !
 
Did you ever get this thing operating? Any videos of it working? Is it for sale?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom