What's new

Big SURPRISE open pontil ink found at old mining camp in Colorado

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
2,192
Reaction score
3,184
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brother and I were playin around in a very small mining tent camp in Colorado ,dug into a small depression ,some nice bottles were poppin,but then a first for us !!! .This little open pontiled ink popped up and said HI :headbang: It caught me off gaurd with the wide lip , flipped it over and there was the pontil . I know this might not be to exciting for the diggers back east,, but for us ,it is a rare,rare,rare find !! In 30 years of diggin we have never found a whole open pontil in our area of Colorado, In the 1990s I found a iron pontiled decanter,and now this little ink ;D I'm sure it predates where it was found by at least 30 years. All smiles. HH,HD
 

Attachments

  • 100_3718.webp
    100_3718.webp
    18.6 KB · Views: 1,009
  • 100_3719.webp
    100_3719.webp
    14 KB · Views: 1,013
  • 100_3720.webp
    100_3720.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,034
  • 100_3721.webp
    100_3721.webp
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,013
now that's a sweet find !!!
 
That is a very nice bottle!
 
Holy cow that lip is crazy! Cool find :thumbsup: jgas
 
That seems unusual for an ink. I think this could be something else. But it probably is an ink. I can't remember ever seeing one like it.
:icon_thumleft:
 
sodetraveler said:
It's amazing that the lip is undamaged - sweet!!! :notworthy:

How about showing us pictures of the other bottles?
:icon_thumright: Will be posting pic's from all our summer outtings here in Colorado soon,the ground is about to be frozen >:(
 
Thanks everyone for the replies !!!!! It was a rush for us to find this,I'm always looking at Jgas's Flask's with green eyes,I have heard of a couple of Pikes Peak flask's being found out in eastern Colo a long time ago. I found a piece of a historical flask in New Mexico once ,buuuuuut
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom