Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know this is a little off topic but we are the ones exploring remote places, has anyone ever had an encounter with a Bigfoot or something odd in your adventures?
I have never had an encounter but just in case, my pistol weighs more than my detector!

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like a guy I met one time told me -- those who've seen it aren't usually quick to tell you about it.

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know this is a little off topic but we are the ones exploring remote places, has anyone ever had an encounter with a Bigfoot or something odd in your adventures?
Bigfoot? No.
Something odd? Only when I've had my eyes open. 😉

If/when one pays attention, there are always oddities (and wonders) to be found! 😍

Isn't that why we (some of us, anyway) do this? 😜

The other day while (ad)venturing into the kitchen to get another cuppa joe, I looked out the back window to find a coyote and a young red fox playing in the tall grass. That's... kinda odd around here. 😁

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No. I don't believe in Bigfoot, but kinda hard to discredit some of the stories, since I wasn't there. Only odd things I see are usually human related. I camp a lot in the San Luis Valley, hot bed of alien encounters, livestock mutilations, and UFO sightings. Never seen a thing.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does anybody know the population it takes to support a species here on earth with our known mammal biology as is...? It's got to be ALL b.s.............. OR, if you believe in aliens being here on earth NOW in that form then they can obviously come and go. If aliens are here... "bigfoots" do not seem to be in a user friendly body...? So no... just using "logic" as I see it.

So.... bigfoots... NO. Possible aliens.... YOU DAMN RIGHT.... and we're all naive to think we're alone or WE'RE the intelligent life... you / we /us / them all assume that... Why? Again, Bigfoot's... NO!

: Michael-Robert.

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a bigfoot I ran into in Alaska..... The Griz kind:
sasquatch track.jpg

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see bigfoot every day. I have a magnet of him on my fridge.

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the year 1890, go to the Mountains of E TN and describe an elephant. You would have probably gotten shot for being a dumb-ass liar.
In the sixties; I was coon hunting , dogs(blue ticks of course) were off about 3/4 mile. I was walking toward them with my 2D cell flash light and carbide head lamp, which shown only a few feet in front of me.
As I walked, IT walked, same steps and same stride. It was off to my right and I couldn't see IT. BUT IT was there. Old timers told me it was; bobcat, panther, 3 toes, Bigfoot!, very few bears back then.
It was in the mountains of N GA. I hunted a lot by myself back then.
Could've been an elephant :laughing7:

Casull

Jan 17, 2007
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Bigfoot? No.
Something odd? Only when I've had my eyes open. 😉

If/when one pays attention, there are always oddities (and wonders) to be found! 😍

Isn't that why we (some of us, anyway) do this? 😜

The other day while (ad)venturing into the kitchen to get another cuppa joe, I looked out the back window to find a coyote and a young red fox playing in the tall grass. That's... kinda odd around here. 😁

Coyote pups are red. You sure it was a fox?

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I met Bigfoot on three separate occasions. The first time was in the summer of 1999 when I was gathering mushrooms in the mountains of PA's Sasquatch country. I saw Bigfoot having a picnic in a sunny clearing with his family, his wife Mediumfoot and son Tinyfoot. They invited me to join their picnic and we had tea and ate this type of pudding Bigfoot made from tree sap and acorns.

The second time I met Bigfoot was in 2002 while on the Island of Guernsey off the coast of France. He was their for vacation. I just waved because I didn't want to interrupt his vacation and he waved back happy to see me.

The third and final time I met Bigfoot was in 2019 while at the National Bigfoot Museum in Montgomery Alabama. Bigfoot was in the tour group wearing a disguise of glasses and a false mustache. Nobody realized it was him but me because I had met him before. We went to the food court together and he told me the new generation of human children were starting to believe in him less and less and he feared soon his magic would disappear once they stopped believing entirety. So I made a vow to Bigfoot to raise awareness of his existence through song. One Broadway style musical number later we had the museum crowds roaring with applause and Bigfoot's magic was strengthened. With a wave of his mighty foot he disappeared into a cloud of sparkles as the children watched in amazement. Now he is hiding again so people look for him and keep the spirit of his existence alive in both their hearts and minds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread