What's new

BINGO II, another big silver half score w/pix

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
1,704
Reaction score
55
Golden Thread
0
My thanks to Rich Hartford for his prediction that someone would hit it big soon. Yesterday I posted a nice score of about three and a half rolls of silver with/pix. Today I was lucky enough to hit another good score. Went to take old friend for lunch. He lives about 30 miles away. On the way to the restaurant, he needed to stop at his bank to make a deposit. It was a BB&T that I had never been to before because I'm rarely out that way. Decided to got in with him and while he was making his deposit, I happened to ask if they had any half dollars. The head teller checked and said they had $140. I asked if they were all from one person and she said "no, they were from two different customers. When she brought them out they were all hand rolled. One group was ten rolls with and elastic band around them and no writing or marks. The other four rolls were separate and had someones initials on them. As always, I took them all and they seemed pleased to get rid of them. When we got back to the car, my friend asked whey I wanted half dollar coins and I told him I collect them. He said he hadn't seen one in years!, so I opened one end in the group of ten rolls and out popped the glow of silver. I couldn't believe I was hitting another load after yesterday's score. The whole roll was 40%ers and he didn't seem impressed (That's good! no competition from him). Anyway, when I finally got back home around 6:00 this evening, I checked them all and as I suspected, the four separate rolls were "skunk", but 8 out of the 10 rolls in the $100 group were all silver. Here are the totals: (5) 1964....(8) 1966...(43) 1967...(52) 1968...(51) 1969. Adds up to (5) 90%ers and (154) 40%ers. All Kennedys. Some where real nice uncirculated, but not as many as yesterdays finds. Two Day total: (18) 90%ers and (213) 40%ers. Took a few photos with my cell as my daughter wasn't home with her camera. I took one combined with yesterday's bunch and two photos of todays finds only. Hope you enjoy them. Once again, Rich...Thanks for your prediction, I'm going out to buy a lotto ticket in your honor. Happy hunting, everyone. It's out there, even after long "slumps". So hang in there.
rileyboy
 

Attachments

  • april 1.webp
    april 1.webp
    30.4 KB · Views: 683
  • april 2.webp
    april 2.webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 682
  • april 3.webp
    april 3.webp
    26.3 KB · Views: 681
Upvote 0
Very nice, thanks for posting it. Gives the rest of us hope. Rich, you nailed that one on the head.
 
Riley great score but can you please leave a little silver for the rest of us my week has been in the dumps only one 67 but again nice score . RON
 
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: - congrats. Nice two day score. You might want to head back up that way and check the rest of the banks!

Maine_Jim
 
Maine_Jim,
I probably will when I get a chance. Maybe next week. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for all the nice comments, guys. I root for all of you too!
rileyboy
 
Awsome, riley! You should go out again today. You are on a "roll."

Bud
 
Wow ! You mined a lot of silver this week! Great Scores :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Very inspirational pics.
HH
Rich
 
Love seeing the pics. What a great two days.

Golden Silver
 
Thanks for the comments, Golden Silver. Just a great two days of luck. I've seen your road trip scores and wish you the best. Your write-ups have been interesting too. I think we have a nice advantage here on the East coast. More people in this area hoarded the Kennedy's back in the 1960's and are now starting to unload them due to the economics of the times. They're out there, so happy hunting to everyone. BTW, due to my luck this week, I bought some extra lotto tickets.
rileyboy
 
Good luck Rileyboy with the lotto. Yeah I want to do more road trips because I think I have awesome luck there. I have just moved into a new house which is taking up most of my time right now. Love the east coast though.

Golden Silver
 
Congrat #2. Hot Dog. Mr. Hartford can always smell that silver coming someone's way!

apush :read2:
 
Super Score.... We shall call this the Riley factor.

How did you stack those 67's so high? When I stack 67's they tend to wobble after about 30.

Mojo
 
Thanks, Coinmojo, I like that...."The Riley Factor". You are right. Stacking them was a real adventure. I think they fell over twice before I got them steady enough to take the pix.
rileyboy
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom