BobinSouthVA
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Mar 1, 2007
- Messages
- 1,656
- Reaction score
- 107
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- SE Virginia
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
Tricia said:Quite possibly racing pigeon bands.
Check this thread out from the summer...
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,261008.0.html
Thanks Digg. Its most likely not Mendicino if found in the East.. Is MRC from N.J?diggummup said:This may help for the MRC-http://www.ifpigeon.com/IF/band_list/band_list_2007.pdf
Yeah, MRC is from Middlesex county I guess or N. Brunswick. I didn't find the other listed either. There are a lot of bird banding sites and a lot of people banding them.bigcypresshunter said:Thanks Digg. Its most likely not Mendicino if found in the East.. Is MRC from N.J?diggummup said:This may help for the MRC-http://www.ifpigeon.com/IF/band_list/band_list_2007.pdf
I dont see the BC listed...
bigcypresshunter said:I think the green check was put up to quickly here. Yes they are bird bands, but we havent IDed the meaning of the letters and some agencies may be interested in the locations of these finds. I know I am. What state were they found?
AU is the American racing pigeon Union http://www.pigeon.org/bandlist.php?year=2002&f=P but MRC may stand for Medicino Redwood Company. http://www.mrc.com/Archive-trackingrare.aspx
This band may have come from the Northern Spotted Owl.
http://www.mrc.com/Archive-northernspottedowl.aspx
http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache....aspx+mrc+bird+bands&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
bigcypresshunter said:BC may be British Colombia and they too are interesred if you find a band.
http://www.westernbirdbanding.org/past-meetings.html
http://www.reportband.gov/
BobinSouthVA said:These bands were found within 5 feet of each other. aside from the 84 and 85 they are quite different. I wonder if there was an event that happened where I found them.
)jeff of pa said:What's Your Confidence on
BC NP Letters & Numbers Being Correct & Complete ?
Could it be BG or 3C ? (Not that that Helps me)
or Could there be another letter there Somewhere ?
NP May be National Pigeon assoc.
I personally Find it Hard to Believe BC is British Columbia
I didnt know all that, thanks Jeff. Even though birds migrate over very long distances, it seems most likely a pigeon event, two bands being found together. I just didnt feel it was solved until we decipher the meaning of the letters. The links I posted may be useful in the future to others that may find these bands. There are many different bird bands besides racing pigeons. If one is a pigeon, I will agree, the other is most likely also.jeff of pa said:BobinSouthVA said:These bands were found within 5 feet of each other. aside from the 84 and 85 they are quite different. I wonder if there was an event that happened where I found them.
Pigeon Racers Ship their Birds to a Starting Point.
sometimes By Truck Sometimes By Mail,
for large distances.
Back home at their Loft there
is a trap door with a Timer.
Once they are Released
They wait till their Birds Return
& Milage & Time Calculations
are used to Get a Winner.
They may have Been released there
or was flying by, when attacked
by a Preditor.
definately
MRC Middlesex R.P.C.
Mary Bajer ...................................
51 Davidsons Mill Rd., N. Brunswick, NJ 08902
hilowloft@aol.com
I Removed her Phone #
but give her an EMail
She should be able to Get in
contact with the owner & tell him you found
his Bird.
Yes Definately Date Sidways & Definately Pigeon rings
bigcypresshunter said:I didnt know all that, thanks Jeff. Even though birds migrate over very long distances, it seems most likely a pigeon event, two bands being found together. I just didnt feel it was solved until we decipher the meaning of the letters. The links I posted may be useful in the future to others that may find these bands. There are many different bird bands besides racing pigeons. If one is a pigeon, I will agree, the other is most likely also.jeff of pa said:BobinSouthVA said:These bands were found within 5 feet of each other. aside from the 84 and 85 they are quite different. I wonder if there was an event that happened where I found them.
Pigeon Racers Ship their Birds to a Starting Point.
sometimes By Truck Sometimes By Mail,
for large distances.
Back home at their Loft there
is a trap door with a Timer.
Once they are Released
They wait till their Birds Return
& Milage & Time Calculations
are used to Get a Winner.
They may have Been released there
or was flying by, when attacked
by a Preditor.
definately
MRC Middlesex R.P.C.
Mary Bajer ...................................
51 Davidsons Mill Rd., N. Brunswick, NJ 08902
hilowloft@aol.com
I Removed her Phone #
but give her an EMail
She should be able to Get in
contact with the owner & tell him you found
his Bird.
Yes Definately Date Sidways & Definately Pigeon rings