What's new

Bird Point NC

alaldrid

Full Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2013
Messages
125
Reaction score
211
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this point while doing an understory burn in the southern piedmont of NC. It was on a fireline on top of frost crystals right beside of a footstep. I found it in march. Wondering if anyone has found one like it or what type point it is. AA battery beside it.
Bird point.webp
 
Upvote 0
Not sure it us a bird point looks like pickwick sharpened down to a nub great find!
 
image-2031597260.webp

The one on the left hand side is pretty close to the size of yours. Yours may be a little smaller. I still agree with Jonathan, not a bird point. Bird points are smaller than the nail on your pinky finger. Yours is pretty close. Nice find there, hawk eye!
 
from NC gave a guess. Either way it looks like a good save to me.
 
Nice find! Looks like it's side-notched. My guess is a Big Sandy that's wore down. Thanks for sharing! 8-)

Thanks for the help. I had not seen one this small and thought it might be some sort of bird point. Here is a better pic.
Bird point penny.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom