What's new

Bitter Sweet

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes when I am out hunting and find something good I will send NC (Rusty) a instu pic. Today I went and found a heart breaker fit just for Valentines Day. I sent NC a photo and he replied bitter sweet lol, thanks. So I named this thread after NC. I know what it looks like but is there enough of the base to know? If somebody knows please do tell. Thanks, rock
 

Attachments

  • 100_2743.webp
    100_2743.webp
    110.1 KB · Views: 170
  • 100_2744.webp
    100_2744.webp
    127.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 100_2746.webp
    100_2746.webp
    120.7 KB · Views: 168
  • 100_2747.webp
    100_2747.webp
    135.1 KB · Views: 143
  • 100_2752.webp
    100_2752.webp
    148.2 KB · Views: 132
  • 100_2753.webp
    100_2753.webp
    142.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 100_2755.webp
    100_2755.webp
    141.4 KB · Views: 145
Upvote 0
It is the same field as all the other points I have found. In that field I have found all periods from this one to Mississippian points. So that could be 10k BP to 1500 BP. And that is where I came up with the statement from the scraper thread. You can see in my avatar another early base. I found it in the same spot with a crude Yadkin.

That thread was about scrapers and being able to tell what period your scrapers were made. If you found a scraper laying right next to that base in the field you still would not know if it was made the same time as the base. I asked if you could post one of your Paleo scrapers and you replied"I don't post everything I find" and never posted a thing.
 
That thread was about scrapers and being able to tell what period your scrapers were made. If you found a scraper laying right next to that base in the field you still would not know if it was made the same time as the base. I asked if you could post one of your Paleo scrapers and you replied"I don't post everything I find" and never posted a thing.

So whats your point?
 
So where is your scraper?
Or was your point that you can't tell if you have a scraper from a certain time period or not?
Your reply made it sound like you can..and have an example but wont post it??? Here is one from a paleo context.
 
Last edited:
OK I show 1 for ya. I actually bought it and it is for sale in the treasure classifieds here at Tnet. This is one of 3 for sale.
 

Attachments

  • 100_2656.webp
    100_2656.webp
    183.3 KB · Views: 104
The one I posted was found in association with bones of extinct animals and fluted projectile points and has patina consistent with The Associated artifacts. What evidence would you say makes yours paleo? A graver spur? I didn't buy mine.
Looks like yours is a side scraper.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom