FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20240312_153651.jpg

Get these stained/tarnished golds in the springtime after the big winter storms....these black golds have been down awhile, and this one was down 10 inches, and that's after a foot of sand was moved this winter. Probably been down there since the 80s....nice diamonds that test out....18 in all, and she polished right up !!
20240312_165739.jpg

The golds are flowing and spring break is here !! Wooo hooo !!

Upvote 56
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

PAScott

Jul 28, 2014
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 2136824
Get these stained/tarnished golds in the springtime after the big winter storms....these black golds have been down awhile, and this one was down 10 inches, and that's after a foot of sand was moved this winter. Probably been down there since the 80s....nice diamonds that test out....18 in all, and she polished right up !! View attachment 2136825
View attachment 2136824
Get these stained/tarnished golds in the springtime after the big winter storms....these black golds have been down awhile, and this one was down 10 inches, and that's after a foot of sand was moved this winter. Probably been down there since the 80s....nice diamonds that test out....18 in all, and she polished right up !! View attachment 2136825
Awesome find and good reason to never assume it’s a junker!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's wild -- I didn't know gold would turn black like that. Silver, sure, but not gold. I learned something new today. 8-)
It only happens in a couple spots that I hunt, but this spot especially!! Some older golds here laying in the deep mineralized soil....I tend to think this is mineralized staining, but it could be tarnish also ?? I'll need to learn more to tell for sure ?

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find and good reason to never assume it’s a junker!
Yup...your right...ya never know until you really have time to investigate....I thought silver with zirconia, but then there was some gold showing underwater also, so I had to check ✔️

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice save BB! Very nice combo of yellow gold and diamonds... a real show stopper.......... love the stained gold! I've tried to keep them stained but one has to see the glory1

Marino13

Sep 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's great to see long days and warm water ahead....happy hunting @Marino13

#1 Marino fan !! =me !!
I haven't taken the leap and gotten a detector yet, but I've lurked on this site for prob over 5 years. I do some occasional coin roll hunting and thrift shop stuff tho. Boy miami is getting killed in free agency this year.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Nice ring, Bart. Here in the land of locked, we had an old swim beach lake that was drained and we found a few golds that were tarnished black. Only 10k and below, however. All the higher karat stuff came out nice.
LUCK on the next outing and HH ALL

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice save BB! Very nice combo of yellow gold and diamonds... a real show stopper.......... love the stained gold! I've tried to keep them stained but one has to see the glory1
I was happy to catch the black patina with the camera....it is pretty in a fascinating type way !! I remember some black ones you've posted !!

Reactions: OBN
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't taken the leap and gotten a detector yet, but I've lurked on this site for prob over 5 years. I do some occasional coin roll hunting and thrift shop stuff tho. Boy miami is getting killed in free agency this year.
Well let me encourage you to give detecting a try, and thanks for posting !! Im such a life long Miami fan that nothing phases me anymore......we still have the undefeated season !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring, Bart. Here in the land of locked, we had an old swim beach lake that was drained and we found a few golds that were tarnished black. Only 10k and below, however. All the higher karat stuff came out nice.
LUCK on the next outing and HH ALL
I don't see them often, but they are always interesting to me, and I always try to photograph that crazy patina !!

Marino13

Sep 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well let me encourage you to give detecting a try, and thanks for posting !! Im such a life long Miami fan that nothing phases me anymore......we still have the undefeated season !!
Yes, we do have that. You'd like the Christmas present the wife got me a few years ago. A framed undefeated jersey number 72 with signatures of the undefeated team on it.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
WOW! I've snagged a lot of gold rings over the years but never one black like that! Come to think of it, I have/had quit a few black rings over the yrs but always thought they were junk...Oh crap....
"Honey, where is my junk ring box???"

Yes, Spring break is here again and the beaches are littered with trash, again.

Nice snag!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread