What's new

Black powder firing caps

NHDUG

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
40
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mid southern NH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS,Minelab Excaliber 800, Ace 250, Minelab X-Terra 70, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I was told they were BPFC and I was just wondering if I could get an approx. date on the year they sold them in copper tins like this one also who may have manufactured these. It seems to have a little of what looks like a paper lable on cover, but other then that, there is no writting on container. Any help would be great, thanks in advance.
 

Attachments

  • P1020055(1).webp
    P1020055(1).webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 263
  • P1020059(1).webp
    P1020059(1).webp
    82.1 KB · Views: 372
They look modern, most likely dropped by a black powder hunter. I still have some in tins like that i have had for around 30 years. Can you see any of the name on the paper?

Joe
 

Attachments

  • Caps.gif
    Caps.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 333
Upvote 0
DFXScout said:
They look modern, most likely dropped by a black powder hunter. I still have some in tins like that i have had for around 30 years. Can you see a lable on the tin?

Joe
just a small piece of whats left on lid.nothing to read
 
Upvote 0
Here's one with a paper label. This brand is RWS, been around a long time and still sold.
 

Attachments

  • 062-2105209.gif
    062-2105209.gif
    9.1 KB · Views: 303
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom