Blizzard+Boredom+Bugs= Cool Pictures

quaidmon

Apr 8, 2007
New Jersey
Got about 11 inches of the white stuff so I was looking for some stuff to take some pictures of. Ladybugs get in the house every year to try to find a place to hibernate so I figured I might as well try to get some pictures of them. A few pieces of poster board and 2 spot lights with 100 watt daylight bulbs and I had a nice little spot to try some close up photography. I think I took over 500 pictures and ended up with about 30-40 keepers, but it was a lot of fun and kept my mind off the snow.

Attachments

• DSC_0370.JPG
    DSC_0370.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 261
  • DSC_0380.JPG
    DSC_0380.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 249
  • DSC_0394.JPG
    DSC_0394.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 248
  • DSC_0506.JPG
    DSC_0506.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 247
S

seger98

Those are real nice photo's.

Every fall in Northern Wi we get over run by the lady bugs. Couple of years ago the wife was killing them all winter long in the RV.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny you showed those bugs back in 2001 i was pulling a 28 foot trailer home cross country making pit stops at friends places for a few weeks i was at a dear friends place in Normal IL. her farm one morning i woke up to find my entire trailer home covered every inch with red lady bugs , she came out of her house laughing and told me in the Fall like you said they show up it seems the corn farmers there import those lady bugs to protect there crops from other critters that would destroy it and they also love white aluminum lol . i wish i still had the pics i took that day HH Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions