Merf
Silver Member
- Joined
- Jan 7, 2007
- Messages
- 3,766
- Reaction score
- 2,276
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Northern Illinois
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro, Quest x10 idmaXx
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if it is rare and possibly of value.I see what you mean. I only spent a few minutes searching but I couldn't find a left facing version of this emblem.
Also, When I enlarged your picture, it almost looks "double struck" for lack of a better term.
Seems to a few for sale 106 resultsI wonder if it is rare and possibly of value.
I see what you mean. I only spent a few minutes searching but I couldn't find a left facing version of this emblem.
Also, When I enlarged your picture, it almost looks "double struck" for lack of a better term.
The car trim/moldings would be side specific but the emblems don't appear to be side specific and they wouldn't need to be.First thing I thought was it depends on which side of the vehicle it is on, but very hard to find one heading left. But it looks like some of the trim emblems are side specific:
from:
Looks like you can still buy new ones for restorations.
Results: fisher @ The Filling Station Store
store.fillingstation.com
But none of those listed have the front wheels on the left.Seems to a few for sale 106 results
Body by Fisher Emblem for sale | eBay
Find great deals on eBay for Body by Fisher Emblem. Shop with confidence.www.ebay.ca
Thanks for pointing that out for me. 👍But none of those listed have the front wheels on the left.
Thanks for pointing that out for me. 👍
I shouldn't do things from the phone.😁
Thanks for pointing that out for me. 👍
I shouldn't do things from the phone.😁


Picture of the backFound this today. Just another body by fisher tag I think. But in researching the tags all I could find were tags with the front wheels on the right but this one has the front wheels on the left. Any ideas![]()
It was always my understanding that Fisher was a carriage company that started making bodies for cars? I have seen a Fisher carriage in a private museum in North Carolina.
Thanks firefighter. Puzzle solved.I was looking through my 1950 Pontiac parts for a thermostat housing when I came across these sill plates. While they are not the rivet style logos they are side specific. So, if they were like this in 1950 I am sure there ere others like them.View attachment 2131719View attachment 2131720