What's new

BOER WAR Badge Maybe???????????

jimmy uk

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2010
Messages
416
Reaction score
183
Golden Thread
1
Location
Essex
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found this little beauty today shame it was all smashed up :-\

can any one ID this please??

i think the owners name is on the bottem of it ???
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    28 KB · Views: 530
Iron Patch said:
Timekiller said:
The two closes I can come up with ............... but the chain still don't hang quite right on the unicorn. :icon_scratch: Both of these came off pouches.Maybe a earlier version of them.
1- British Royal Horse Guard
2- British Royal Life Guard
Also see some scottish close.
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:


The differences might be because the two you posted are likely fake. Were they replica pictures?

CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:
Timekiller said:
The two closes I can come up with ............... but the chain still don't hang quite right on the unicorn. :icon_scratch: Both of these came off pouches.Maybe a earlier version of them.
1- British Royal Horse Guard
2- British Royal Life Guard
Also see some scottish close.
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:


The differences might be because the two you posted are likely fake. Were they replica pictures?

they do look like poorly done casts, not the fine finish I would expect ???

Sorry about that folks.Heres the site.
http://www.ima-usa.com/nation/briti...se-guard-pouch-belt-combination-original.html
I saw some very close to it somewhere the other day about the Royal horse guard in the early 1800's. But the next day could not find the site again got lazy & posted these I'll look again if I get chance see if I can find it again.But it might not be anyway just thought he may could follow up on it as I don't live there & know next to nothing about all your badges.Not something that I've ever run across here of no kind. :D
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom