?
?
?jimmy uk said:CRUSADER said:LaZoOro said:
Although you have a link what is this? Hat badge? & what period? I would like to know, as I have a couple of the horse pieces.
as i said before it looks simlerbut its the same
![]()
CRUSADER said:jimmy uk said:Bumpy 8)
Looks early 19th C but I have no idea really, surprised the US/Canadian guys don't know. They turn up over there more than here plus they pay more attention![]()
Iron Patch said:CRUSADER said:jimmy uk said:Bumpy 8)
Looks early 19th C but I have no idea really, surprised the US/Canadian guys don't know. They turn up over there more than here plus they pay more attention![]()
A fair amount of early Shako plates have been found around Niagara but I doubt the one above is early. Probably dates with the buttons... maybe late 1800s/early 19s. I have never seen one of those posted from Canada or the US.
CRUSADER said:Iron Patch said:CRUSADER said:jimmy uk said:Bumpy 8)
Looks early 19th C but I have no idea really, surprised the US/Canadian guys don't know. They turn up over there more than here plus they pay more attention![]()
thanks for the help peoplei know where the other part is as when i found it i thought it was just a bit of copper and a bit did fall off and i just throw it a away not far tho
went back today to have a look on pasture and i cant find it any where
![]()
A fair amount of early Shako plates have been found around Niagara but I doubt the one above is early. Probably dates with the buttons... maybe late 1800s/early 19s. I have never seen one of those posted from Canada or the US.
OK, I have a couple of thin badge bits but other than that my experience in finding these is limited to post-1900.
Its a shame the Crown is missing which was the most IDing piece. Maybe the finder can search the area for the other bits?

Timekiller said:The two closes I can come up with ............... but the chain still don't hang quite right on the unicorn.Both of these came off pouches.Maybe a earlier version of them.
1- British Royal Horse Guard
2- British Royal Life Guard
Also see some scottish close.
Take Care,
Pete,![]()
Iron Patch said:Timekiller said:The two closes I can come up with ............... but the chain still don't hang quite right on the unicorn.Both of these came off pouches.Maybe a earlier version of them.
1- British Royal Horse Guard
2- British Royal Life Guard
Also see some scottish close.
Take Care,
Pete,![]()
The differences might be because the two you posted are likely fake. Were they replica pictures?
