What's new

bone tools?

jamus peek

Sr. Member
Joined
May 13, 2014
Messages
373
Reaction score
334
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe this is a worked bone.

I really thought people were being spiteful on previous post. I understand that I misread the intent. I have no excuses just a little tough to understand intent for me. I was diagnosed with Asperger' at a young age. Also sometimes I say things that I shouldn't and only realize it after the reactions of what I said.

If you are willing to understand my intent is to not have confrontation even when I cause it and are willing to except me for a person who is trying to simply make some friends and fit in that means a lot to me. Not trying to be sappy but I believe an explanation of myself may help. On my end I need to sharpen up my thought process.

Trust me it sucks for me when I make a comment then someone shows all these cool artifacts and then instantly I realize these guys are trying to help not put me down.

Enough of that ha ha! Also I will keep people tuned on what I hear when I take them in.




View attachment 1364900
 
Upvote 0
Those bones are not old.......because they are still white. Most likely recent.
 
Where do you see the work that has been done on that bone?

While it is a bone commonly used, i see nothing that says that piece was ever altered by use, or by man for use.
 
Those bones are not old.......because they are still white. Most likely recent.

The coloration of the bones really has very little to do with age, the same goes for patination on stone tools. It's all about the environment that they were deposited in. In certain environs, I've seen 10k year old bones that are stark white. I really don't see any signs of human modification on the bones that he's showing though.
 
Jamus, I admire your tenacity, but I just told you the other day that these were not Bone Tools. I even provided pictures for you to compare yours to so you could see the polish and the sharp tips on true Bone Tools.

So I guess I'll show you again. Here are some more pictures of true Bone Tools, Beads, etc. I even posted some close ups so you can see the polish and use wear on these pieces. Please study them carefully.
 

Attachments

  • Awls06.webp
    Awls06.webp
    141 KB · Views: 85
  • Awls09.webp
    Awls09.webp
    148.9 KB · Views: 83
  • Awls13.webp
    Awls13.webp
    179.5 KB · Views: 76
  • Awls15.webp
    Awls15.webp
    188.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Awls17.webp
    Awls17.webp
    165.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 2014-03-09 18.08.50.webp
    2014-03-09 18.08.50.webp
    274.7 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC_0124.webp
    DSC_0124.webp
    9.6 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC_0122.webp
    DSC_0122.webp
    9.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 2016-03-27 20.32.58.webp
    2016-03-27 20.32.58.webp
    45.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 2016-03-17 21.20.53.webp
    2016-03-17 21.20.53.webp
    61.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 2014-03-09 18.14.30.webp
    2014-03-09 18.14.30.webp
    302.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 2014-03-09 18.13.46.webp
    2014-03-09 18.13.46.webp
    323 KB · Views: 85
  • 2014-03-09 18.11.29.webp
    2014-03-09 18.11.29.webp
    276.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 2014-03-09 18.09.32.webp
    2014-03-09 18.09.32.webp
    247.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 2014-03-09 18.09.08.webp
    2014-03-09 18.09.08.webp
    141.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 2014-03-09 18.16.02.webp
    2014-03-09 18.16.02.webp
    195.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 2014-03-09 18.14.44.webp
    2014-03-09 18.14.44.webp
    229.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 2014-03-09 18.14.42.webp
    2014-03-09 18.14.42.webp
    173.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 2014-03-09 18.14.39.webp
    2014-03-09 18.14.39.webp
    229.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 2014-03-09 18.14.50.webp
    2014-03-09 18.14.50.webp
    227 KB · Views: 76
Jamus, I admire your tenacity, but I just told you the other day that these were not Bone Tools. I even provided pictures for you to compare yours to so you could see the polish and the sharp tips on true Bone Tools.

So I guess I'll show you again. Here are some more pictures of true Bone Tools, Beads, etc. I even posted some close ups so you can see the polish and use wear on these pieces. Please study them carefully.

Grim this thread was posted before you informed me check the time frame. I did however get to see some more pics so I got lucky.
 
This is an elk horn spoon. It has been soaked in Elmers glue/water solution for about three days and then coated with urethane. It has been preserved for who knows how long in duck muck (lake mud).
001.webp002.webp006.webp005.webp005a.webp
 
I believe this is a worked bone.

I really thought people were being spiteful on previous post. I understand that I misread the intent. I have no excuses just a little tough to understand intent for me. I was diagnosed with Asperger' at a young age. Also sometimes I say things that I shouldn't and only realize it after the reactions of what I said.

If you are willing to understand my intent is to not have confrontation even when I cause it and are willing to except me for a person who is trying to simply make some friends and fit in that means a lot to me. Not trying to be sappy but I believe an explanation of myself may help. On my end I need to sharpen up my thought process.

Trust me it sucks for me when I make a comment then someone shows all these cool artifacts and then instantly I realize these guys are trying to help not put me down.

Enough of that ha ha! Also I will keep people tuned on what I hear when I take them in.




View attachment 1364900

There is no evidence of any work being done on those bones except maybe some humans chewing the flesh off at a pig roast. What sauce they used at the pig roast is sadly lost to mankind and we will never know. Not a single bone shows any evidence of being worked into a tool such as a needle, knife, scraper, spoon ect.ect. I'm beginning to believe by your posts that you maybe into abstract art and can see images on things that most of the general population doesn't see. I on occasion can see something that looks like a dog or a horse in the clouds but I know it's just a cloud formation. This post is not meant to be offensive but you are obviously seeing things that the vast majority of people can't and you might have a gift that we don't. Every piece of of modern or abstract art I have ever viewed I have considered to be expensive trash art but that maybe due to my lack of imagination.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom