What's new

!!BOOM!!

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2013
Messages
1,632
Reaction score
3,078
Golden Thread
1
Location
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went with a friend to check out an old cabin site, but it didn't pan out. Stopped in a field on the way to the truck, hoping to nab a military button. That didn't pan out either, but did find several mortar tails, then, to our surprise an intact mortar! ( Minus the business end ) I know nothing about them, but my friend does, so he has everything. I gave him the 9 tail fins that I dug, as well as fuses and shrapnel. Fun day!



 
Last edited:
Upvote 20
Wow! Talk about things getting interesting! And your all in one piece!
That's in great shape! Congrats!
 
Wow I don't know anything about them either but they are cool congrats
 
Thanks! I don't know much about them either...but one thing I do know, the military bomb squad is on their way to my buddy's house. He showed his father in law who was training at that base and he contacted the authorities. Can't have anything cool lmao
 
Thats a British 2" HE Mortar. The safety cap is missing and the thin metal covering the impact fuze is smashed. I hadn't touched it. We never touch British ammo. Be careful!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20160317_223708.webp
    IMG_20160317_223708.webp
    1 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20160317_223717.webp
    IMG_20160317_223717.webp
    947.2 KB · Views: 117
They are in the capable hands of the Canadian military bomb squad right now. Glad I got some pics first!

 
I hope you sent them to the Field where y'all found them.

I don't think there is to many collectors of these type pieces. / Maybe there is???
 
They said that they swept the fields that they believe held all the mortar rounds. I guess they missed quite a few. The military will be making a trip down this way tomorrow morning to discuss the area. Apparently, the one that is rusty is the dangerous one. It is a dropped mortar with the protective cap still on it. It's not a smoke or training mortar...it's the real deal! Those little round pieces between the tail fins in the picture are bases from pineapple hand grenades. Pretty neat!
 
Last edited:
Wow those are some cool finds!

~Blaze
 
Damn buddy glad you didn't get blown up. I would know nothing about those. Kind of happy bout that lol
 
Ummm holy crap . That is all :dontknow:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom