🥇 BANNER Bottle with a note inside 5 to 6 inches deep in the ground.

Let me say that the people that some of you are researching on this might not be the person in this note.
I typed in one of the names to find out his obituary and if i didn't have the date of birth and the date of death
than there were like 10,000 something people with the same name in Minnesota over the years. So birth date and
date of death is needed .

tou also have to look at relatives, there are many coincedences when tracking down geneology, but to have the same name for a wife, children
and all thats why im sure about hubachek, Zahradnik and Holets 95% sure.

Im sure we will all agree that we dont have the name we are really looking for, "ME" the guy that wrote the note.

Let me say that the people that some of you are researching on this might not be the person in this note.
I typed in one of the names to find out his obituary and if i didn't have the date of birth and the date of death
than there were like 10,000 something people with the same name in Minnesota over the years. So birth date and
date of death is needed .

The key for me was the reference in the note to Frank Hubachek having a saloon in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin circa 1900-1910.

I feel confident that Frank Hubachek is the same man as who was living in Putnam Township, Linn Co. Iowa in 1895. The fact that he is living right by people with the name Holets and Zahradnik is further evidence IMO that area somehow plays a part in this.

The key for me was the reference in the note to Frank Hubachek having a saloon in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin circa 1900-1910.

I feel confident that Frank Hubachek is the same man as who was living in Putnam Township, Linn Co. Iowa in 1895. The fact that he is living right by people with the name Holets and Zahradnik is further evidence IMO that area somehow plays a part in this.
That, along with the fact that the same names were all found on the CCC rosters. I do wish we knew if they were all in the same company at the same time, though.

I hope the original poster has made copies and pictures of everything in case his Find is confiscated.
Interesting story and some great Detectives on here. You all are to be commended.
Marvin

I hope the original poster has made copies and pictures of everything in case his Find is confiscated.
Interesting story and some great Detectives on here. You all are to be commended.
Marvin

Why might it be confiscated?

I took it to the History Center of Olmsted County here in Rochester,Mn.
I filled out a form so if they don't want it or can't use it i get it back.:icon_thumleft:

I took it to the History Center of Olmsted County here in Rochester,Mn.
I filled out a form so if they don't want it or can't use it i get it back.:icon_thumleft:
Very cool! Did they seem sincerely interested in it? Do you think they will be investigating, and if so, will they let you know? Or is it just going to sit on a shelf somewhere?

This is very, very interesting, and you made me read the whole thing!

Very cool! Did they seem sincerely interested in it? Do you think they will be investigating, and if so, will they let you know? Or is it just going to sit on a shelf somewhere?
They will let me know .I don't know if they are investigating.

I've been following this post like so many others and all of y'alls efforts and research should certainly be commended. I hate to be a downer or even devil's advocate but concidering the connection to the mental hospital for alcoholics, the nonsensical ramblings, bizarre dates, etc. it could be the work of a drunken madman.
I hope I'm wrong and it turns up or even solves a cold case murder, now that would be cool.

I've been following this post like so many others and all of y'alls efforts and research should certainly be commended. I hate to be a downer or even devil's advocate but concidering the connection to the mental hospital for alcoholics, the nonsensical ramblings, bizarre dates, etc. it could be the work of a drunken madman.
I hope I'm wrong and it turns up or even solves a cold case murder, now that would be cool.
And the only way to know is to find out

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

I really don't believe that to be the case. I base that on the understanding that the men were all in the CCC together, though. I suppose that it is possible that the writer of the notes knew them all "back in the day", and recalled their names and made up an absurd story years later (although the bottle dates exactly to the CCC period), but that isn't how I'm reading it. I think everything happened in the CCC camp. We don't really have any evidence that the mental hospital was at all involved, just because it was near there.

Of course, I could be wrong. At this point, all we have is speculation.

No. the only way to find out anything is if the note has a legitimate meaning. If it's truly insane babble, you'll never know.
So you figure out its babble by ignoring it and saying it's just babble. [emoji6]

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

What do you think this means?

"all were ready to drive me in there"

Did they use the term "drive" back then? and if so, what was he being driven in?

Interesting thread that's for sure.

What do you think this means?

"all were ready to drive me in there"

Did they use the term "drive" back then? and if so, what was he being driven in?

Interesting thread that's for sure.
Hell, they drove cattle in the 1800's, didn't they? And they drove v8 Fords in the 1930's. Women have been driving men crazy since Eve.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back