billjustbill
Bronze Member
- #1
Thread Owner
As posted in the Garage Sale finds, I found gold in bags of silver jewelry. More pictures of the $65 buy. ;>)
I keep hearing silver and gold prices are going to skyrocket... but I want to put in a solar panel project to generate off-grid power, and I'm trying to fund some of the costs with some money from my gold and silver finds. I'm a little worried that the solar panels, inverter, and battery costs are going to get in short supply or their prices will skyrocket...
The picture below shows a thin 14kt gold necklace that has a broken clasp, weighs 3.2 grams, and the 10kt. ruby ring weighing 2 grams, and a
3.5 carat Diamond Tennis Bracelet of 10kt gold, with 35 ten point diamonds.
How would you sell the tennis bracelet by itself? Asking price?
What would you do about selling silver and gold in the next 3 months?
Thanks,
Bill
I keep hearing silver and gold prices are going to skyrocket... but I want to put in a solar panel project to generate off-grid power, and I'm trying to fund some of the costs with some money from my gold and silver finds. I'm a little worried that the solar panels, inverter, and battery costs are going to get in short supply or their prices will skyrocket...
The picture below shows a thin 14kt gold necklace that has a broken clasp, weighs 3.2 grams, and the 10kt. ruby ring weighing 2 grams, and a
3.5 carat Diamond Tennis Bracelet of 10kt gold, with 35 ten point diamonds.
How would you sell the tennis bracelet by itself? Asking price?
What would you do about selling silver and gold in the next 3 months?
Thanks,
Bill
??) offered $100.99 for all three pieces. A pawn shop took the time to test all three with acid and offered only $80. The third place was a Jewelry store with a "We buy gold" sign in their window, paid $1 per 10-pt diamond, said the ruby was worth its gold weight, and offered a total of $185.00...... I really realized our town has a bunch of slimy cheaters/crooks running gold scams.....
, maybe I was a bit harsh...
(good thing I have a high payout on my ATM)







