What's new

Bought Some Coins from a Old man. I Think I did Good What do you think?

coincollector101

Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2007
Messages
534
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Some Of the coins I have no Clue what they are nor the value.

Of The Coins I know are.
1881 o Morgan Silver Dollar
1923 peace silver dollar
1899 indian Head Penny

He Had Two little bags One Bag Had all these and the other bag had 1.65 in junk coins that Ill spend.
so I gave him 30 and wound up spending 28.35.

Do you Think I did Good?

Thanks
CC

I Picked up Today

250 in dimes
100 in nickels
25 in pennies
 

Attachments

  • Purchace 83107.webp
    Purchace 83107.webp
    23.7 KB · Views: 469
  • Purchace 83107 001.webp
    Purchace 83107 001.webp
    25.8 KB · Views: 456
Upvote 0
UH YEAH...........Real good..............what luck.......
 
the 1881O morgan is worth $18, the 1923 peace is worth $12, and the 1899 ihc is worth $3.
 
$ 33 bucks in poorest conditions "book" value worth for $30 ---or basically 90% of book value for the 3 coins yes thats good in my veiw and a $1.65 in clad as a bonus yep very nice indeed-- Ivan
 
You know what?? Sometimes coins are worth alot more than just a book value....I love my collection, even tho it is not worth alot "book" wise....If you like a coin, or had to work hard to get it, there is no book value on that...I would never sell my stuff, it is a peice of American history........There is no value moneywise for that sort of thing...Just my 2 cents..Tom
 
oh I agree with you completely coins are worth much more than the mere cold "cash" value given in a book often times -- but in this case the lowest value given in "the book" for the total of the 3 coins is $33 bucks -- which he only paid $30 for -- 10% less than "minimum" book value and if you take away the $1.65 in clad --- he paid $28.35 for $33 bucks (minimum book value) worth of coins --basically he's $4.65 to the good -- even more if the coins grade higher ---- good deal both ways in my veiw --- I have coins that I keep and some I give as gifts to "special" folks in my life -- gave my 3rd grade neice a lovely 1941 merc in bu as a necklace item on a chain --cost for everything $50 the look of happiness on getting her first "real" jewelry --priceless--Ivan
 
gallileo60 said:
You know what?? Sometimes coins are worth alot more than just a book value....I love my collection, even tho it is not worth alot "book" wise....If you like a coin, or had to work hard to get it, there is no book value on that...I would never sell my stuff, it is a peice of American history........There is no value moneywise for that sort of thing...Just my 2 cents..Tom
Tom, that's not 2 cents worth, that's a million bucks worth. I feel the same. Heck with the book. If you like it, buy it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom