What's new

Bought some silver yesterday good deal?

tanz 82

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2012
Messages
563
Reaction score
1,311
Golden Thread
1
Location
N.mass- S.nh
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
9 dollars for $99
35 half dollars $120 ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447767169.923896.webp
 
Upvote 18
What do you guys think
 
If the halves are all pre-65 you got a good deal. I'm no expert.
 
From what I see in that picture you made an awesome purchase. They certainly do not look like melt value coins.
 
You did well. Silver dollars at 10x face value is very good. Congrats!
 
you should hang your head in shame for robbing that poor misguided seller. $11 for Morgans, under $4 for Bens & Walkers? I will now bow to your skill in negotiation_____SUPER SCORE. now go check book value by condition, year and MM.
 
I'll usually pay 20 bucks for morgans when I'm in the mood. Great buy
 
I always look at the silver value on coinflation.com, as it's quick and easy. Today silver dollars are at $11 and halves are at $5.14.

So you paid melt for the dollars, that's good, as those usually go for a premium most places unless they're trashed. Those look like earlier date Morgans in decent shape, so a good deal.

The 35 halves, if all 90%, would be $180 in melt, so if you got them for $120, that was a very good price.

That said, silver has been dropping slowly, so a good deal today may not be such a good deal next year. The important thing is that you're happy with your coins and the price you paid. If I were in your shoes, I'd be happy with that purchase.

Now tell us where you got them, so I can go and buy some! :thumbsup:
 
I actually went to coinflation to check price then made my offer and yes there all walkers and franklins
 
wow. the lowests I've heard of junk silver being lately is 12.50 per $1 f.v

well done.
 
Yes it's a great deal I would buy them all day at 11 dollars each. And 4 for the half dollars score.
 
Excellent deal. Those Morgan's alone were a great deal at the price. Even at silver spot, they are going for $ 20.00 - $ 22.00 apiece.
 
Excellent deal. Those Morgan's alone were a great deal at the price. Even at silver spot, they are going for $ 20.00 - $ 22.00 apiece.

Melt value is $10.94 as of 11/18/15.
 
Great score!!!!! Put those away in a safe place......:icon_thumright:
 
Awesome purchase! Any mint marks on the Morgans?!
 
wow great deal I would buy at that price also.
 
I agree. Excellent deal.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom