What's new

Half dollar silver spill.

65vanman

Sr. Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2025
Messages
455
Reaction score
3,094
Golden Thread
0
Location
Meriden CT.
Detector(s) used
Minelab manticore/ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to my 600 acre park yesterday and I found a 1944 Washington quarter and a colonial shoe bucket, pocket watch, car reverse light and some clad. Today I went back and I found five clad quarters all about one inch down then I got a better single I thought it would be two clad quarters I was surprised to see a 1918s walking liberty half dollar then I checked the hole again and out came a 1905 Barber half dollar then a 1923 mercury dime. Also found a watch and a tag with a name on it Henry Troemack maker Philadelphia.
1000001139.webp
1000001140.webp
1000001143.webp
1000001144.webp
1000001145.webp
 
Upvote 52
I went to my 600 acre park yesterday and I found a 1944 Washington quarter and a colonial shoe bucket, pocket watch, car reverse light and some clad. Today I went back and I found five clad quarters all about one inch down then I got a better single I thought it would be two clad quarters I was surprised to see a 1918s walking liberty half dollar then I checked the hole again and out came a 1905 Barber half dollar then a 1923 mercury dime. Also found a watch and a tag with a name on it Henry Troemack maker Philadelphia. View attachment 2257482View attachment 2257483View attachment 2257484View attachment 2257485View attachment 2257486
I think a happy dance is in line...you scored!
 
That's an awesome coin spill!
 
That shoe buckle is probably the oldest item among the finds. Likely around 1800.
I thought it was late 1700's early 1800's. It's my sixth shoe buckle from that park. Two were silver.
 
I went to my 600 acre park yesterday and I found a 1944 Washington quarter and a colonial shoe bucket, pocket watch, car reverse light and some clad. Today I went back and I found five clad quarters all about one inch down then I got a better single I thought it would be two clad quarters I was surprised to see a 1918s walking liberty half dollar then I checked the hole again and out came a 1905 Barber half dollar then a 1923 mercury dime. Also found a watch and a tag with a name on it Henry Troemack maker Philadelphia. View attachment 2257482View attachment 2257483View attachment 2257484View attachment 2257485View attachment 2257486
Awesome hunt! Awesome finds! You were one coin away from a silver half tri-fecta. Pretty amazing. The shoe buckle frame is a killer find too. Love the design. Well done!
 
I went to my 600 acre park yesterday and I found a 1944 Washington quarter and a colonial shoe bucket, pocket watch, car reverse light and some clad. Today I went back and I found five clad quarters all about one inch down then I got a better single I thought it would be two clad quarters I was surprised to see a 1918s walking liberty half dollar then I checked the hole again and out came a 1905 Barber half dollar then a 1923 mercury dime. Also found a watch and a tag with a name on it Henry Troemack maker Philadelphia. View attachment 2257482View attachment 2257483View attachment 2257484View attachment 2257485View attachment 2257486
Killer shoe buckle! Congrats
 
I went to my 600 acre park yesterday and I found a 1944 Washington quarter and a colonial shoe bucket, pocket watch, car reverse light and some clad. Today I went back and I found five clad quarters all about one inch down then I got a better single I thought it would be two clad quarters I was surprised to see a 1918s walking liberty half dollar then I checked the hole again and out came a 1905 Barber half dollar then a 1923 mercury dime. Also found a watch and a tag with a name on it Henry Troemack maker Philadelphia. View attachment 2257482View attachment 2257483View attachment 2257484View attachment 2257485View attachment 2257486
What a day!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom