Bounty Hunter @ Radio Shack close out info

W

Whoopbass

Earlier in the year Radio Shack discontinued their Bounty Hunter line of metal detectors for whatever reason. The 3300 model was marked down to $99 from the regular $299 price tag. Most were bought up quick but they are still out there.
I just bought 11 3300's in the last two weeks. I am reselling them on Ebay and making $30-$50 a unit.
The way I went about locating these detectors is that I went to the Radio Shack web site and done an item search by zip code. I got zip codes in most every part of the state whether the store was located 30 miles away or 300 miles. Each zip code search would list the stores in that entire area and how many 3300's they had in stock. Probably 75% of the stores were out of stock. The rest of the stores had a display model or one NIB. One store had two new in box. I only purchased NIB 3300's.
When you locate one you can go to your local radio shack and pay for it there and the store who stocks it will then Fedex it to your store.

Another way of going about it is to go to your local radio shack and have them send an e-mail to all the radio shacks in the state to see if they have one in stock. Thats what one RS manager did when I ordered nine of them. I already told him which stores had them but he chose to go the e-mail route.

One thing you need to make sure is that the store that has one in stock is a franchise store. The independent stores still charge $299 apiece.

I also bought an 1100 for $29.99. I guess there on closeout as well.
Compared to the 3300 the 1100 is garbage.

Oh yeah, I live in California so your probably out of luck if your looking here. The RS on Hatch rd (zip code 95351) has one. It looks like a return but it probably works.

Good Luck

Mercury dude

Mar 8, 2007
Ceres
Detector(s) used
Stold by my x bounty hunter IV & Fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am at 95307, what city our you at

JC

Whoopbass said:
Earlier in the year Radio Shack discontinued their Bounty Hunter line of metal detectors for whatever reason. The 3300 model was marked down to $99 from the regular $299 price tag. Most were bought up quick but they are still out there.
I just bought 11 3300's in the last two weeks. I am reselling them on Ebay and making $30-$50 a unit.
The way I went about locating these detectors is that I went to the Radio Shack web site and done an item search by zip code. I got zip codes in most every part of the state whether the store was located 30 miles away or 300 miles. Each zip code search would list the stores in that entire area and how many 3300's they had in stock. Probably 75% of the stores were out of stock. The rest of the stores had a display model or one NIB. One store had two new in box. I only purchased NIB 3300's.
When you locate one you can go to your local radio shack and pay for it there and the store who stocks it will then Fedex it to your store.

Another way of going about it is to go to your local radio shack and have them send an e-mail to all the radio shacks in the state to see if they have one in stock. Thats what one RS manager did when I ordered nine of them. I already told him which stores had them but he chose to go the e-mail route.

One thing you need to make sure is that the store that has one in stock is a franchise store. The independent stores still charge $299 apiece.

I also bought an 1100 for $29.99. I guess there on closeout as well.
Compared to the 3300 the 1100 is garbage.

Oh yeah, I live in California so your probably out of luck if your looking here. The RS on Hatch rd (zip code 95351) has one. It looks like a return but it probably works.

Good Luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions