bounty hunter time ranger/ who is voted the best person to ask this of

R

ranger ricky

Hi , I do a lot of swinging around here in the hill country a few decent relics, usually big stuff,

if your familar with my machine I have a pre program which is P1 through P4,

P1 as I under stand it doesnt reject anything p2 rejects tabs foil etc. then p3 even more discriminate and so fourth If I understand it correctly please enlighten me if im incorrect (0n any comment hereinas well)

there is a sensitivity pad with a plus pad or minus pad,
if I adjust the sensitivity AM I just using this program only,

or if IM in the pre proramed mode of p1-p4, does this cancel my sensitivity,
It almost looks to me like the same function any idea what Im speaking of thanks
there is so much written about using descriminatoin, then the there is the dig it all because i found my uncle henery's brothers neighbor masonic gold ring, sorry my frustration is taking hoold tonight

last question if your still reading: Your md-ing an area making good finds, does this stop you from digging those tones your suspious of for another time

Attachments

• wehl.jpg
    wehl.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 347
  • wehl.jpg
    wehl.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 301

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am having some difficulty understanding your post. So let me throw this out.

This is from what I have read, since I don't have a BHTR.

P1 through P4 are your preprogrammed auto notched features. This is to say that P1 is light discrimination, P2 is medium, P3 is coins and P4 is all metal. These are different areas of discrimination, taking out certain metalic finds to concentrate on others, such as just coins in the P3 mode.

Sensitivity is how "hot" you want the coil to detect in each of these modes. Too sensitive and you will get false signals. Not enough and you will only be finding things about 2" down. Try half way to start, and see how that works.

(I changed this after reading the manual.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread