What's new

Boxes 5 & 6 for the year equal Skunk!

b_kauz

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2011
Messages
28
Reaction score
27
Golden Thread
0
Boxes 5 & 6 for the year equal Skunk!

Picked up two more boxes last night and went through both and didn't end up with a piece of silver....did pull one 2004, 2006 & 2009 though, but still missing that silver :). So out of 6 boxes I have found 2 40%ers. Starting to think my luck isn't that good.....

I did pick up $5 in pennies and pulled 1 wheat (1944d) and then about 25% or a little more were copper pre 82's.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Boxes 5 & 6 for the year equal Skunk!

You are 2 ahead of where I was after 6 boxes. Hang in there.
 
Re: Boxes 5 & 6 for the year equal Skunk!

Yeah, I know the feeling. It will get better. I switched from boxes to bags about a month or so ago. Had a couple of skunks there, too.

See if your bank can get you bags instead of rolled. Besides the possibility of finding silver, you get all sorts of goodies, like pocket lint :tongue3: odd coins, and other surprises you don't normally get in boxes. I usually find SBA, Sac, Pres $, foreign coins, etc. It's like a grab bag; you never know what you'll find. Seriously, it's great fun.
 
Re: Boxes 5 & 6 for the year equal Skunk!

I have actually asked about getting bags before from the bank I order from. The first time I inquired about halfs they gave me the bag off their machine(which ended up with 2 - 90%ers and 19 40%s) but since we arn't in a very big town they don't get to many half dollars turned in. So I am stuck ordering boxes, its still fun to unwrap them looking for "free" silver though.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom