What's new

boxes must be hard to get...

phrostie

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
534
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nap Town
Let's review this timeline.... call bank on monday...order 1 box of halves. I'm told the box will be on thursday and available for pickup on friday. I call on thursday to make sure the box has arrived...it has and I can pick up on friday. I drive there on friday to pick up the box and for some reason they can't give it to me (I wonder if anyone can explain why they wouldn't be able to give me the box...they explained that the lady who moves the money didn't move it out...I'm guessing it's the vault keeper :evil4:) So instead of driving there today (accidentally ordered at the wrong bank via phone, 20 min drive)...I call. They tell me I can't pick it up today but it should be available monday. :'(

What am I doing wrong here or am I just getting jacked around by the bank? Has this happened to other people? I guess I better go get some rolls of nickels or pennies to keep me occupied tomorrow! :o
 
Upvote 0
It happened to me last week. I was supposed to pick up 2 boxes on Tuesday and only one came in. Probably just bad communication somewhere.
 
Happens all the time. I have multiple box sources. Seems like one gets screwed up each week.

Maine_Jim
 
I have been told by some tellers that they're tired of people not coming back for the boxes. They then get reminded by the vault teller and the process continues.
Once they get used to your honesty and punctuality, they will take better care of you. Hang in there, Jim
 
Just lazy or the only person who handles the shipments did not show up for work. this happend one or twice. They neeed to log in the shipment and wait till the end of the day.

Which means you can't get it even though it's there but the responsible party was not, or did not complete the task.

Mojo
 
This has happened on occasion with me as well. What happens at some of these banks is that they are only allowed to go into their vault a few times a day. So if you let them know at the beginning of the day that you will be there at a certain time usually they will take your coins out of the vault for you unless they forget. If you don't let them know the day of pick-up then chances are they will not remove the coin and you will either have to come back later that day or another day.

-Golden silver
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom