Boy what a rush at first, but soon realith set in...

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well here lately Truth and I haven’t been hunting to much due to an accumulation of things, but we did get a chance the other day to get out for a few hours at a permission I got from a friend in Ponchatoula, Louisiana.

We didn’t find much, a lot of clad coins, Truth found about 10 Wheaties and round pistol ball as well as a token. we both found some other pieces not worth posting. Well right before wrapping things up for the day I pulled these two (2) items.

Even though it gave me a serious rush when I dug it, I soon came to the realization that it was only a piece of costume jewelry and not the silver piece with ruby’s as I first thought it was. The other is a small brass Fleur-de-lis with two (2) points missing.

Not much to post, but here lately it’s the best we can do. Thanks for looking…. “D”

20190507_113942.jpg

20190516_102354.jpg

Upvote 27
Thats why we do this I see a token or a foriegn coin my first though is an ancient egyptian or roman coin worth a fortune or if I find something gold in color Im hoping its a dabloon.Its the excitement of what we might find and know we can find through past experiance many people dont have the patience or imagination of a true treasure hunter like we do Next time my brother. I hear ya with being busy im building just finished my deck my Daughters window motor and regulater they gave me the wrong one so on sunday had to drive an hour away to get the right one so she could go back to collage on monday. Now I gotta finish the garden and till it and fence it in .That honey do list could compete with my Christmas list when I was 10 and there will always be a list. I made one for her once there were skid marks on the fridge she ripped it down so quick. Well I tried great post my friend Tommy

Last edited:
Thats why we do this I see a token or a foriegn coin my first though is an ancient egyptian or roman coin worth a fortune or if I find something gold in color Im hoping its a dabloon.Its the excitement of what we might find and know we can find through past experiance many people dont have the patience or imagination of a true treasure hunter like we do Next time my brother. I hear ya with being busy im building just finished my deck my Daughters window motor and regulater they gave me the wrong one so on sunday had to drive an hour away to get the right one so she could go back to collage on monday. Now I gotta finish the garden and till it and fence it in .That honey do list could compete with my Christmas list when I was 10 and there will always be a list. I made one for her once there were skid marks on the fridge she ripped it down so quick. Well I tried great post my friend Tommy

I’ve stared at a piece of trash for 5 minutes trying to make it into treasure. It’s exciting lol

I feel ya pain Tommy, when I'm not at work I'm trying to get caught up on the farm spraying fence lines and mending fence and so on, it's really put a damper on Truth and my research and hunting, but when we get the chance to go we make the best of it for sure!! "D"

Still a cool find! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back