What's new

Bracelet or Curtain or Napkin holder or??

Rene G

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2007
Messages
54
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Location
Waynesville NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Cortes, Explorer II, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had this for a while and have always thought it was a bracelet. But I got to thinking ...it is quite heavy for a bracelet and not that pretty. It is Sterling .925 and has something typed on the inside that I can't make out.

I found it at a site of a demolished "Cat" house. There were all the facilities of any hotel at the site at one time. The site was dated around 1945/55 and was located next to a railroad track in Florida.

Question is, what could it be other than an ugly heavy bracelet?
 

Attachments

  • Ring1.webp
    Ring1.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 253
  • Ring2.webp
    Ring2.webp
    19 KB · Views: 256
  • Ring3.webp
    Ring3.webp
    26.3 KB · Views: 245
My vote is bracelet.


How big is it across?
 
Upvote 0
I knew I had forgotten something...lol It's 2 1/2 inches and seems kinda small in diameter for a bracelet
 
Upvote 0
René G said:
I knew I had forgotten something...lol It's 2 1/2 inches and seems kinda small in diameter for a bracelet

That is an odd size. Too big for a ring. Too small for a bracelet.

I'm gonna think about this one some more...
 
Upvote 0
Well, here's my WAG

A silver napkin ring holder.
 
Upvote 0
2 1/2 inches --awful small for a bracelet unless its a kids one --too big fer a ring --- napkin ring would be my guess --
 
Upvote 0
If it was a "cat" house, maybe a ring for "other purposes" ? Size wise, who am I to judge? :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a babies christening bracelet (bangle) to me.Used to be very popular before the 80's and always of silver.
 
Upvote 0
More than likely a childs bracelet - looks to be in the same style as many of the Mexican silver bracelets out there.
 
Upvote 0
I'm with Gabbit on this one. I have found quite a few (thrift stores, yard sales) "silver" bracelets with the stamp, and I believe it's Mexico, and from Taxco. Taxco does put out sterling, but they put out some lesser silver as well. And yes, my best guess--child's bracelet.
Blondie
 
Upvote 0
I guess it could be a child's bracelet. It makes the most since to me. It's just that it's so heavy and ridged and unattractive. Oh well, Thanks guys for the ideas, I appreciate it. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom