What's new

Brambles

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2014
Messages
10,082
Reaction score
17,067
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I found myself with Smittyman and Kurt Stuben in Pennsylvania last weekend. We were invited to hunt in the woods the *******s of Bramble. I had no idea what I was getting myself into!

Eight of us made the hike through the woods to a set of hand hewn stone walls, the remains of an old building. It was a beautiful old place, that had already yielded a bunch of good items.

My first target was an eagle button, my first one. I was quite excited to see that right out of the shoot. We hunted for several hours, and a few other targets showed up under my coil, most notably, an LC... 1820s something. The coin is nice, except right around the date area.

The real treasure was the people, I can not thank those young gentlemen enough... Scrappy, Bartek and Eastcoasthunter21, my hat is off to you guys (that is why my head is sunburned!). It was also nice to get to meet and hunt with Loco Digger, and Kevin's brother in law.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20160417_110655_796-1.webp
    IMG_20160417_110655_796-1.webp
    316.1 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_20160420_154219_735-1-1.webp
    IMG_20160420_154219_735-1-1.webp
    55.6 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_20160420_154409_313-1.webp
    IMG_20160420_154409_313-1.webp
    193.5 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20160420_154425_977-1.webp
    IMG_20160420_154425_977-1.webp
    251.4 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_20160417_105838_347.webp
    IMG_20160417_105838_347.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 162
  • IMG_20160417_113642_927.webp
    IMG_20160417_113642_927.webp
    2.2 MB · Views: 160
  • IMG_20160417_132038_761.webp
    IMG_20160417_132038_761.webp
    914.3 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_20160417_144121_088.webp
    IMG_20160417_144121_088.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Upvote 56
Heck yeah tom, that's a nice lc, great finds, congrats on your first Eagle button I'm sure it was a blast with those guys!
 
Glad you had a good time
 
Congratz on the finds! The hunt sounds awesome! Where the heck was my invite!?! :dontknow:
 
Nice largie Tom. It's in a little better shape than the one I found earlier this year. :laughing7: I have to hold mine at just the right angle to see any details.

What era is that Eagle button??
 
Love that largie and button Tom,looks like a fun time was had( especially by a Mr. Turtle)
 
Congrats on the finds and spending the day hunting.
 
Awesome hunt man. I'm glad everyone had an awesome time and you got a few keepers. Quite a hike huh? I need to forward that video of Smittyman crossing the river. Crossing a river was new to him since the last time he did it was with Moses parting the sea.

Anyway, great hunt, and I'll holler at you soon.

Steve
 
Great finds Tom! Nice to see tnetters getting together to hunt. One day I'd love to see a tnet group hunt here in SC, be neat to put faces to the names of all these fine folks we talk to on this forum! Maybe I'll host one next time I find a fresh new site! Congrats buddy on some nice finds!
 
Few good keepers there! It was a pleasure meeting you guys, hope to swing could together again in the future!
 
Nice looking eagle button and large cent. You can tell they didn't come from a farm field.
 
Tom , first off I'd like to say it was a pleasure meeting you although I can't say that I'd like to !! I had a great time with Kurt and Smitty man it was great meeting local Digger and Kevin's brother-in-law and about that first line it was totally a pleasure meeting you I enjoyed it thank you so much for dinner at Ottos it was definitely a memorable night
Please feel free to call me and say I'm on my way , any weekend would be great. The ba$tard$ Have some ripe sites we are getting ready to pick , and any friend of scrappy is a friend of mine ( that goes to all our t-net friends your all welcome to come on a hunt with the Ba$tard$ of Bramble ) ps even though I was not invited I had a great time at the meet and greet it was great meeting all of you. Hh gl
 
Tom , first off I'd like to say it was a pleasure meeting you although I can't say that I'd like to !! I had a great time with Kurt and Smitty man it was great meeting local Digger and Kevin's brother-in-law and about that first line it was totally a pleasure meeting you I enjoyed it thank you so much for dinner at Ottos it was definitely a memorable night
Please feel free to call me and say I'm on my way , any weekend would be great. The ba$tard$ Have some ripe sites we are getting ready to pick , and any friend of scrappy is a friend of mine ( that goes to all our t-net friends your all welcome to come on a hunt with the Ba$tard$ of Bramble ) ps even though I was not invited I had a great time at the meet and greet it was great meeting all of you. Hh gl

Thanks Charlie. I was great getting to meet you and Bart too. I have heard so much about you guys, it was nice to put faces with names. I can not speak highly enough about the Ba$tard$ of Bramble. We really appreciated you guys taking all of us hunting like you did. That was an ADVENTURE, I will not soon forget.

As stated earlier, I look forward to seeing you in my town, whenever you can make it.

Here is the pic from the dinner table, the first night at Ottos.

Left side of table, front to rear: Smittyman, Scrappy, Bartek, Treblehunter
Right side of table, front to rear: Kurt Stuben, Loco Digger, Kevin's brother in law, Eastcoasthunter 21
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20160415_211350_919.webp
    IMG_20160415_211350_919.webp
    223.3 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Great hunt Tom and what a group... I sure missed out on meeting some really great people. Really liking that button and those brambles look nasty... I bet if it was all cleared out that place would produce a ton. Glad ya'll had a great time man.
 
Thanks Charlie. I was great getting to meet you and Bart too. I have heard so much about you guys, it was nice to put faces with names. I can not speak highly enough about the Ba$tard$ of Bramble. We really appreciated you guys taking all of us hunting like you did. That was an ADVENTURE, I will not soon forget.

As stated earlier, I look forward to seeing you in my town, whenever you can make it.

Here is the pic from the dinner table, the first night at Ottos.

Daaaaaaaaas BOOT!
 
Thanks Charlie. I was great getting to meet you and Bart too. I have heard so much about you guys, it was nice to put faces with names. I can not speak highly enough about the Ba$tard$ of Bramble. We really appreciated you guys taking all of us hunting like you did. That was an ADVENTURE, I will not soon forget.

As stated earlier, I look forward to seeing you in my town, whenever you can make it.

Here is the pic from the dinner table, the first night at Ottos.

You need to label everyone!
 
Congrats on those cool digs Tom. First target being a cool button feeds the fire and keeps ya swinging in the Brambles. My 1st target was a cool old button & from my research it came from the 1840's. Looking forward to checking out your neck of the woods sometime this year when we venture to the wife's parents in VA. Certainly was nice to see both you and Smitty this past weekend. What is Kurt's Tnet name?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom