What's new

Brambles

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2014
Messages
10,082
Reaction score
17,067
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I found myself with Smittyman and Kurt Stuben in Pennsylvania last weekend. We were invited to hunt in the woods the *******s of Bramble. I had no idea what I was getting myself into!

Eight of us made the hike through the woods to a set of hand hewn stone walls, the remains of an old building. It was a beautiful old place, that had already yielded a bunch of good items.

My first target was an eagle button, my first one. I was quite excited to see that right out of the shoot. We hunted for several hours, and a few other targets showed up under my coil, most notably, an LC... 1820s something. The coin is nice, except right around the date area.

The real treasure was the people, I can not thank those young gentlemen enough... Scrappy, Bartek and Eastcoasthunter21, my hat is off to you guys (that is why my head is sunburned!). It was also nice to get to meet and hunt with Loco Digger, and Kevin's brother in law.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20160417_110655_796-1.webp
    IMG_20160417_110655_796-1.webp
    316.1 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_20160420_154219_735-1-1.webp
    IMG_20160420_154219_735-1-1.webp
    55.6 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_20160420_154409_313-1.webp
    IMG_20160420_154409_313-1.webp
    193.5 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20160420_154425_977-1.webp
    IMG_20160420_154425_977-1.webp
    251.4 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_20160417_105838_347.webp
    IMG_20160417_105838_347.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 162
  • IMG_20160417_113642_927.webp
    IMG_20160417_113642_927.webp
    2.2 MB · Views: 160
  • IMG_20160417_132038_761.webp
    IMG_20160417_132038_761.webp
    914.3 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_20160417_144121_088.webp
    IMG_20160417_144121_088.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Upvote 56
Cool! I am still looking for my first large cent! Found plenty of turtles haha!
 
What did that turtle ting up as? Great finds and that Yankee eagle button is a beauty. Nice shank on it. You all had a great time and that's what counts the most. Would love to see the vid of smittyman crossing the river. Glad you had a great time!
 
What did that turtle ting up as? Great finds and that Yankee eagle button is a beauty. Nice shank on it. You all had a great time and that's what counts the most. Would love to see the vid of smittyman crossing the river. Glad you had a great time!

I'll send it to Tom this morning
 
From TBD's snake infested waters to Beez's overgrown vacant lots to Scrap's briar patch...you are quite the world traveler Tom:tongue3:
 
Nice finds! I knew I should have copyrighted my ID..... :laughing7:
 
That is really cool, great pix buddy
 
Thanks Charlie. I was great getting to meet you and Bart too. I have heard so much about you guys, it was nice to put faces with names. I can not speak highly enough about the Ba$tard$ of Bramble. We really appreciated you guys taking all of us hunting like you did. That was an ADVENTURE, I will not soon forget.

As stated earlier, I look forward to seeing you in my town, whenever you can make it.

Here is the pic from the dinner table, the first night at Ottos.

Left side of table, front to rear: Smittyman, Scrappy, Bartek, Treblehunter
Right side of table, front to rear: Kurt Stuben, Loco Digger, Kevin's brother in law, Eastcoasthunter 21

Great weekend for sure! Thanks to Steve for that site!! When the most modern coin is a 1863 Indian, you know someone has done their research!! [emoji106] and that aside, the team experience was one I will remember more so than the finds!
 
Nice Matron Head LC! That's old enough to have been in circulation with some of the younger founding fathers and was likely owned by more than a few Revolutionary War veterans!!! :treasurechest::thumbsup:
 
Nice finds Tom

That eagle button looks great. A lot of fun hunting down sites with your buds

HH Jer
 
Sweet button Tom to bad about that date on the LC the rest of it looks very good..
 
Looks like a fun hunt with some cool people. Who doesn't like turtle pics? 8-)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom